Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

HDVR2 with cordless phone jacks - any problems?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Rob Dawn

Rob Dawn

Stunt Coordinator

• 116 posts

Posted May 09 2003 - 07:31 AM

Since DirecTV just got our locals up here in Colorado Springs, I was planning on upgrading to an HDVR2 DirecTiVo unit.

But I saw on the DirecTV monthly news show that you can sometimes have problems with the DirecTivo units if you are using those cordless phone things that plug in to an electrical outlet.

That's what I use, so I was wondering if anyone has experienced problems like this? Does anyone with an HDVR2 use the cordless phone jacks with no problems?

Thanks for your input!
Rob
My Equipment

My DVD Collection

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   ChristW

ChristW

Agent

• 29 posts

Posted May 10 2003 - 03:09 PM

This doesn't really answer your question, but I thought I'd let you know that you don't have to havfe the phone connected continuously anymore. If you connect it to landline once a month or so, you'll be fine.
CW

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Michael Mathius

Michael Mathius

Supporting Actor

• 662 posts

Posted May 11 2003 - 12:47 AM

Rob: I do without any problems. I have two tivos, one which is continueously connected and the other which I connect once a month to make the monthly call.

Michael
Don't make me angry. You won't like me when I'm angry.

THE LOFT

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Rob Dawn

Rob Dawn

Stunt Coordinator

• 116 posts

Posted May 12 2003 - 06:26 AM

So you can hook it up to a phone line and force it to make the call whenever you want?

Rob
My Equipment

My DVD Collection

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   ChristW

ChristW

Agent

• 29 posts

Posted May 15 2003 - 01:06 PM

Yes; I don't recall what menu it's in, but it's there. I think under system/phone calls/make daily call, or something like that.
CW