Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Looking for Widescreen RPTV < $2000 for replacement of Samsung

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 RickE

RickE

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted May 08 2003 - 01:55 PM

Hello all,
I'm looking for a replacement for my Samsung HCL4715W 47 inch widescreen. I purchased this unit in December after much deliberation and spending hours reading this forum. Since that time I Sears has replaced the screen due to the obvious vertical line in the middle of the screen (common for this unit as I have read). The second a real problem is that the with my DVD connected to the 480i/480p component input, the picture is washed out with a real yellow push (if there is such a thing). The tech has replaced the input without a fix and two main boards from Samsung have been sent back (1 was broke in shipment, 1 wouldn't power after install)

There is a second 480p/1080i component input that works but I am thinking that I may have digital sat in the future and, well hell I paid for two component inputs. Anyway, Sears cannot get this model and I am not willing to take the 4 month old floor model as a replacement. The Store Mgr. is willing to exchange it for another model if I pay the difference. So I am looking for suggestions for a good replacement in the 46+ inch range and trying to stay below $2000.

This whole thing kinda sucks as I got such a great deal on the Samsung to begin with (<$1500 )

Thanks,
Rick