Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Looking for Widescreen RPTV < $2000 for replacement of Samsung

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   RickE

RickE

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted May 08 2003 - 01:55 PM

Hello all,
I'm looking for a replacement for my Samsung HCL4715W 47 inch widescreen. I purchased this unit in December after much deliberation and spending hours reading this forum. Since that time I Sears has replaced the screen due to the obvious vertical line in the middle of the screen (common for this unit as I have read). The second a real problem is that the with my DVD connected to the 480i/480p component input, the picture is washed out with a real yellow push (if there is such a thing). The tech has replaced the input without a fix and two main boards from Samsung have been sent back (1 was broke in shipment, 1 wouldn't power after install)

There is a second 480p/1080i component input that works but I am thinking that I may have digital sat in the future and, well hell I paid for two component inputs. Anyway, Sears cannot get this model and I am not willing to take the 4 month old floor model as a replacement. The Store Mgr. is willing to exchange it for another model if I pay the difference. So I am looking for suggestions for a good replacement in the 46+ inch range and trying to stay below $2000.

This whole thing kinda sucks as I got such a great deal on the Samsung to begin with (<$1500 )

Thanks,
Rick