What's new

Any word if the Showtime series "Jeremiah" is ever coming to dvd??... (1 Viewer)

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
I'd love for it to come out on DVD. As a fan of pretty much every project JMS has worked on or created starting with Babylon 5, I'd love to see this one. Unfortunately, I don't have Showtime.

Rob T

Screenwriter
It's all locked up in contracts and stuff at showtime. Joe DeMartino can explain what's going on with that better than I can, but don't expect to see it for a while. :frowning:

I'd love to have it though. I'll try out any show where JMS is the show runner. :)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
JMS said something about this when S1 was just going into production. I don't have the post and I'm not sure I remember the details exactly. :)

The gist of the message was that there is an embargo on both syndication and home video. I think Showtime gets to run each season in its entirety a couple of times before that season can be syndicated, and that season has to run in syndication for a year before it can be released on home video. If I remember the math they were talking about the first season hitting broadcast TV/non-premium cable (or at least being made available to them - nobody can say for sure that anyone will buy the show :)) in 2004, which means the earliest date for S1 on DVD would be 2005.

But, hey, that's just what I remember. I could be wrong. :)

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks