Photo
- - - - -

Cheap and temporary projector questions...

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Jeremy:L

Jeremy:L

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted May 08 2003 - 04:39 AM

I'll be moving in about a year, at which point I plan to invest in a good projector, screen, etc. I've been using a 27" tv, but I've also been bitten by the FPTV bug, so I've been thinking about buying a cheap projector to tide me over. I basically have two questions.

1) Would it be possible to get a used projector for $200-400 that would give a decent picture? By decent, I mean as good or better than the standard 27" inch TV.

2) If so, what models might be good options? Some possibilities that I have found on Ebay are the Proxima LS1 & SV1, Infocus LP225 & LP280, Phillips Proscreen 4750, etc. My only requirements are that is has zoom and enough lumens to work fairly well in a dim, but not dark, room. Any other recommendations on where to look for used projectors?

Thanks!

#2 of 3 Rob McAuliffe

Rob McAuliffe

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted May 09 2003 - 04:02 AM

I've been scanning http://www.audiogon.com and seen some good deals... They have a Home Theater / Video section. Or you do searches.

#3 of 3 mark alan

mark alan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted May 09 2003 - 07:24 AM

If you buy a cheap used projector, be prepared to fork out for a new bulb (typically $200-$500).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users