Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

HTPC Software..

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   JustinCam

JustinCam

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted May 08 2003 - 01:11 AM

Hello all,

I'm wondering what software everyone is using in their HTPC, DVD player, Video Player, Music, what do you find works best and has the best display for a HTPC system..

So if you could share your experiences it would be great, thanks.

Currently I'm using myHTPC, but I'm having a few problems w/ the Remote Wonder integration.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper

Lead Actor

• 6,504 posts

Posted May 08 2003 - 07:56 AM

I use theatertek. Posted a review here a few months back.

I don't use any of the commercial "remote" solutions- just bought an IR keyboard, taught the keys to pronto, and have had zero problems.

-Vince
Need an introduction to home theater? Check out our FAQ and Primer!!

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   JustinCam

JustinCam

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted May 09 2003 - 01:18 AM

I love my remote wonder.. simply because it's RF.. my HTPC is located in the 'equipment' room.. so I don't have the noise from the PC.. if I went to an IR solution I would have to run a lead with a receiver..

As far as myHTPC I give this program Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image it works excellent.. I got my local IPG up and running along side with local weather, music, etc. the features seem to be endless, navigation is simple, and the display is excellent. It's really a great htpc program solution.. definatly worth a look IMO.. http://www.myhtpc.net

regards,
Justin