What's new

Jodorowsky Box Set (1 Viewer)

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
This Jodorowsky Box Set is listed on HMV Japan. I believe it's a very limited edition containing several films, including El Topo, The Holy Mountain, Santa Sangre and a couple others. I'd like it, but I'd sure like to know more about it - at ~$212 plus shipping, it's a bit too expensive to simply take a chance on.

Can anyone point to some site with more information? And, especially, to a cheaper retailer?

ChrisJefferys

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, I would like more info on this myself. Its a 5 disc set, but I can't tell what films are on it. Besides the above mentioned (which I know have had legitimate LD and VHS releases in Japan in the past), does anyone know what other films are on this? Fando and Liz, The Rainbow Thief, Tusk ?

(I've tried checking CDJapan, but apparently their server is under maintenance right now, so no help there)

ChrisJefferys

Stunt Coordinator
Found a little more info on another forum (not confirmed). The 5 discs supposedly consist of: Fando and Liz, El Topo, The Holy Mountain, Santa Sangre and a 5th disc of Jodorowsky interviews. The set is apparently limited to 2003 sets and are anamorphic with English and Spanish mono tracks. No mention of any English subs if you want to watch the films with the Spanish tracks. Not sure if these will have the optical censoring of frontal nudity that the old VHS and LDs had, but Japan has been relaxing its laws and many foreign released films have not had such censoring. So, if new prints and transfers are used, there hopefully won't be any censoring.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks