Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Would an appearance of Caruso on NYPD be big?...

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 7,017 posts

Posted May 07 2003 - 02:56 AM

I was wondering if Caruso made a cameo appearance on NYPD Blue. How big of a ratings bonanza would it be? I know he has admitted that he was stupid for leaving the show. I am not sure if Bochco has or would forgive him.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Michael Hughes

Michael Hughes

Second Unit

• 369 posts

Posted May 07 2003 - 03:07 AM

I have not forgiven him, he tore the heart out of those of us who fell in love with that show after season 1. It has never ever been the same. What a shame. That being said, I would give it a look in a season finale type of format. I have stopped watching since the end of Ricky Shcroder's 1st season. Caruso and Franz for 5 years on that show could have been classic. Oh well.

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Karl_Luph

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor

• 974 posts

Posted May 07 2003 - 03:12 AM

This show has such a strong cast now and great writing,even with Diane coming on, it isn't going to make that big of deal to me. Wasn't it Caruso that got the big head and left NYPD Blues after one season? Personally, I don't see why everyone's so ga-ga over Caruso.I'd watch him if he appeared on NYPD Blues, but then again, I watch all the episodes.

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Larry Geller

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor

• 562 posts

Posted May 07 2003 - 04:46 AM

One listen to the commentaries on the DVDs will tell you how impossible a Caruso return would be. Has there ever been a more hated person on a network series?
Mmmm, snout!-Homer Simpson

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 7,017 posts

Posted May 07 2003 - 05:21 AM

Larry,
I have not heard the commentaries. But, I am curious as to what was said. Although, that being said. I have seen worse situations where people got back together for the money. For example the Eagles. Posted Image
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben

Studio Mogul

• 21,769 posts

Posted May 07 2003 - 07:13 AM

I said it the last time this subject came up, and my view hasn't changed: Jimmy Hoffa has a better chance of making a cameo on Blue than David Caruso. M.
COMPLETE list of my disc reviews.       HTF Rules / 200920102011 Film Lists

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter

• 1,099 posts

Posted May 08 2003 - 03:07 AM

AMEN! The show is strong, now that we got rid of Wimpy Danny. The characters are all strong, great relationships, trials, tribulations. We don't need Caruso to make a cameo (except maybe as a corpse, which causes Andy to go on another ass-kicking campaign to find the killer) I'm looking forward to next week, to see what happens with Connie's baby, and how Rita's jealousy plays out.
Randy T.
Orlando, FL
ºoº Home of The Mouse!!!

"Oh, come on, guys. It's so simple, maybe you need a refresher course. It's all ball bearings nowadays!"

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen

Executive Producer

• 12,060 posts

Posted May 08 2003 - 03:14 AM

[quote] which causes Andy to go on another ass-kicking campaign to find the killer) [quote] The problem is that Andy would wind up fingering himself and the producer/writer.
¡Time is not my master!

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,307 posts

Posted May 08 2003 - 07:40 AM

Yes it would and yes Hell would have to freeze over before this wouldever happen. Too many egos in the pot. It's too bad too
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users