What's new

Would an appearance of Caruso on NYPD be big?... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I was wondering if Caruso made a cameo appearance on NYPD Blue. How big of a ratings bonanza would it be? I know he has admitted that he was stupid for leaving the show. I am not sure if Bochco has or would forgive him.

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
I have not forgiven him, he tore the heart out of those of us who fell in love with that show after season 1. It has never ever been the same. What a shame.

That being said, I would give it a look in a season finale type of format. I have stopped watching since the end of Ricky Shcroder's 1st season.

Caruso and Franz for 5 years on that show could have been classic. Oh well.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
This show has such a strong cast now and great writing,even with Diane coming on, it isn't going to make that big of deal to me. Wasn't it Caruso that got the big head and left NYPD Blues after one season? Personally, I don't see why everyone's so ga-ga over Caruso.I'd watch him if he appeared on NYPD Blues, but then again, I watch all the episodes.

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor
One listen to the commentaries on the DVDs will tell you how impossible a Caruso return would be. Has there ever been a more hated person on a network series?

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Larry,
I have not heard the commentaries. But, I am curious as to what was said. Although, that being said. I have seen worse situations where people got back together for the money. For example the Eagles. ;)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I said it the last time this subject came up, and my view hasn't changed:

Jimmy Hoffa has a better chance of making a cameo on Blue than David Caruso.

M.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
AMEN! The show is strong, now that we got rid of Wimpy Danny. The characters are all strong, great relationships, trials, tribulations. We don't need Caruso to make a cameo (except maybe as a corpse, which causes Andy to go on another ass-kicking campaign to find the killer)

I'm looking forward to next week, to see what happens with Connie's baby, and how Rita's jealousy plays out.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yes it would and yes Hell would have to freeze over before this wouldever happen. Too many egos in the pot. It's too bad too

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks