-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

My Crestron died

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 ChuckRG

ChuckRG

Agent

• 44 posts

Posted May 06 2003 - 04:06 PM

I could not find the correct area for posting this so I will try here>

Since my Crestron diesd and before I spend the money to repair it, I thought I would investigate other options. The solution needs to generate both IR and RS232 outputs, have the ability to learn new remotes, have a screen large enough a real adult can actually use it and not hit the next key, and control CD Player, DVD Player, SACD player, projector, video processor, surround processor, Satellite receiver, x-10 lighting functions and a few I can't think of. I would prefer it to cost less than $1000.

And the contender are .........? Posted Image

#2 of 4 Bill Lucas

Bill Lucas

Supporting Actor

• 530 posts

Posted May 07 2003 - 12:08 AM

Sorry Chuck nothing does what Crestron does at that price point. AMX will do it but it's another significant investment. What models of Crestron equipment do you have, when did you get it and what's wrong with it?

#3 of 4 ChuckRG

ChuckRG

Agent

• 44 posts

Posted May 07 2003 - 05:23 PM

It is an ST-1500 and I have had it about 5+ years. The backlight went out and am assuming it will be expensive to repair so thought I would check out what else is available.

#4 of 4 Bill Lucas

Bill Lucas

Supporting Actor

• 530 posts

Posted May 08 2003 - 12:10 AM

Crestron has pretty good customer service. Give them a call.