What's new

Smallville 5/6/2003 (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I wish that everyone had a highspeed connection(let alone myself at my year round home. That way I could upload a short repeating version of the John Williams theme song and have it play while your reading this.....Oh wait, this is supposed to be a thread about this weeks EPISODE, not next weeks PREVIEW ;)

All in all, not a bad show. A few physich side notes might be brought up for this thread, but on the whole, I liked it. As soon as you saw the girl with Super Speed, you knew something Kryptonite related had to be going on somehow. Don't know why, but I didn't see the clone angle coming, but man, those Luthor Corp people do quick cleanup work..

We have a few loose plot holes here as well. The kid now knows that Clark is something special, and may tell this to her 'new friend'. We also have the three other clones to dela with that where found in the lab, although with Luthor SR. saying the product is 'defective', we probably know the fate of those clones.

As far as the preview for next week, this looks to be a more interesting episode. It was either a work of quick editing, or a real scene, but it looks like Lana may be let in on the Kent secret in this one..

florence franks

Stunt Coordinator
Fantastic Episode tonight! Creepy even when you knew what she was.
Character development,Character development,Character development!!!
Oh and main story was so refreshing for superhero show. Nor was she really a ghost or had to die like the usual villians.

I dont know why we cant have like 15 of these a season instead of Smallville following the typical soap opera pattern with mandatory love triangles, out of character conflicts and huge stretches for years until audience no longer cares. With all great dialogue,chemistry,teasing, etc this means we are due for them to take it all back ala a red kyronite episode, shrugs :frowning: This isn't Who the Boss afterall. This ep was great example of a chance that they will not follow past superman settings. Lex's father is really the "Lex Luthor for this show" he is so vile. I rather Lex go down more original and promising road.

P.S. Did I mention I loved this ep!??
:)

Eric Mitchell

Stunt Coordinator
Aargh! My WB channel cut out with 20 minutes left. And it never came back. Guess its time for a new cable provider.

Could someone please message me with a quick synopsis of the end? I won't be able to catch the replay on sunday either.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Since he was cloning rabbits and the clning process leaves the subjects with super powers and no conscience, will we be seeing killer bunnies soon? I'd like that.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This was a bizarre episode. I'll have to re-watch it again when I was not as tired as last night (time-shifted).

Lionel is in all sort of stuff. It's sort of ironic how they have been positioning Lionel as the main bad guy in the show. Lex will have plenty more issues with his dad in the future.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
It was either a work of quick editing, or a real scene, but it looks like Lana may be let in on the Kent secret in this one..
Looks like quick/tricky editing to me.

While this ep was OK, I wish we could more of SUPERMAN related stuff, rather than x-files type eps with weird people. For 75% of the eps, the only thing that reminds you that we are watching the genesis of a superhero are the names of the characters. I am getting really impatient now.

Should they release a DVD set, I would definitely NOT buy it, there is way to much filler in this show. Hopefully we will get more ARC EPISODES next season.

--
Holadem

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else noticed that young Lana Lang was played by Vivien Cardone, who plays "Delia Brown" on Everwood?

Also, the Janitor from Scrubs played Emily's father.

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
I was generally creeped out last night from start to finish - the way I used to be the odd time watching another show where a girl kills vamps. But I digress. I liked how it was a stand-alone episode but progressed running plots like Lionel's schemes, and more insights into Lana. I really thought KK looked genuinely frightened and didn't just scream on cue like actresses used to in horror flicks. On Tuesdays I watch this, Buffy, and 24 and this was last night's winner - although 24 was very cool too. I just wish it had been a little harder for Clark to play detective and rescue Lana without her getting suspicious.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else noticed that young Lana Lang was played by Vivien Cardone, who plays "Delia Brown" on Everwood?

Also, the Janitor from Scrubs played Emily's father.
I totally missed the former, but the latter stuck out like a sore thumb. Neil Flynn's a gifted actor, don't get me wrong, and his performance last night was excellent. But his role as the Scrubs janitor is so defining that just looking at him pulled me out of the episode.

I'm more excited about next week's part one of what is supposed to be a truly maginficent season finale. Picking up the ball from Rosetta, (spoilers, highlight to read): it delves into what Clark's destiny really is, including a mystery Superman veteran as the voice of Jor-El". This is supposedly the motherload, where Clark finds out everything else. Next season's dealing with it.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
I was saying "and then what happened" at the end when they cut away from Clark and Lana holding hands and gazing into each other's eyes. Are we supposed to believe that Clark just said "It was so nice talking to you, Lana. Have a nice day!" and then went off to do some chores?

I don't recall either of them having a cell phone that could easily interrupt the scene, so as far as I'm concerned they were sucking face immediately after the cut away to daddy Luthor. :D :D :D

Brad

Brenton

Screenwriter
Since it wasn't shown, I'll believe that it didn't happen. I can tell you're probably joking, but reading so much more into it will only screw with your perception of character development in later episodes.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Something I noticed: Lex and Lana both repeatedly referred to Emily's death as being 6 years ago. However, her tombstone said she died in April 1996, which was 7 years ago. Is the show set a year in the past? I don't remember any indication of this before.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The Prop dude probably just F'd up on the tombstone detail.

Last year, the show was shown to be happening in 2002, and this was a new school year, so I can only assume that the show now is taking place in 2003.

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
To me, the girl looked 7 tops. Maybe I'm getting old.

Also, did Clark know Emily from six years ago? Hadn't Lana lived next door to him for years so wouldn't he have known her? I just didn't get the impression that she recognized Clark.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I just didn't get the impression that she recognized Clark.
Of course she wouldn't; she wasn't the "real" Emily, just a clone that had grown rapidly and been given the original Emily's diaries and home movies to learn from. Lana figured prominently in those; Clark probably did not.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I don't recall either of them having a cell phone that could easily interrupt the scene, so as far as I'm concerned they were sucking face immediately after the cut away to daddy Luthor.
BTW, does anyone want to give me a good reason why they didn't? Please, convince me. :angry: :angry: :angry:

--
Holadem

Brenton

Screenwriter
It didn't happen because there's no way that the writers would let something that big get by behind the scenes. It would be too important a factor in their relationship in later episodes for it to not be made obvious to the audience.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
For all we know, next Tuesday's episode will pick up where they left off with a few more words of longing and admiration, followed by five or ten seconds of heavy petting and a quick cut to "Somebody Saaaaaaaaaaaaaave Me".

If it doesn't, then I'll be disappointed if they don't explain what happened (or didn't happen). Lana showed up at the Kent place with a hunger in her eyes. When she walked in on Clark and Pa Kent, she gave Clark a look like she was going to jump him. Nothing was stopping either of them from acting on their feelings. You can't blame us for letting our minds go into the gutter they pointed us to. :D

Brad

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
So I wasn't the only one humming "Wild Horses" when Lana approached Clark at the end of the episode?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks