What's new

Interesting (not) mailer from Best Buy w/coupons (1 Viewer)

Bill Balcziak

Supporting Actor
Best Buy is sending out a slick 48-page color catalog full of what appears to be unusually smarmy co-op advertising for various products. The product descriptions are so badly written it's almost funny. As a bonus for staying awake and getting to the end of the catalog, you'll find six coupons for:
  • 12% off home audio $299 and up
  • 25% off any Sandisk memory card or reader
  • 10% off any TV $299 and up
  • 10% off all MP3 car decks
  • 10% off any Samsung refrigerator or microwave
  • $5 off any three full-price DVDs
Each coupon has the usual exclusions, meaning you can't use them on anything that even remotely represents a bargain.

And, as if the exclusions weren't enough to persuade you not to waste your time, Best Buy goes the extra mile by making the coupons valid only on various dates (one per week, of course) from 5/11 through 6/21. God forbid that a customer should use more than one of these golden ducats at a time.

Feh.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
$5 off any three full-price DVDs
Wow! I am really hurt that I didn't get one of these catalogs in the mail! :rolleyes:

Is it me or does it seem like a really long time since people have gotten preferred customer coupons from BB and I've had to post moaning about how I didn't get them?!

Lee L

Supporting Actor
When did you get one? I could actually put the 10% off TV's coupon to good use depending on when it is good.

Kevin Cagle

Agent
You guys do know that you can "deal" with best buy on their high dollar TVs? I know a couple of people who have worked their and they said that it goes on all the time.

Edited b/c I should have added don't try to deal on something with a peon. It has to be done through the floor manager.

Adam_Garris

Supporting Actor
If anyone got the "10% off any TV $299 and up" coupon and doesn't need it, I'd be interested. I can paypal the postage.

Kevin Cagle

Agent
What I'm trying to say is you don't need a 10% off tvs coupon. Pick out your tv. Calculate in your head maybe 13-15% off then do some dealing ;)

Adam_Garris

Supporting Actor
Kevin: Couldn't you use the 10% off coupon and get maybe up to another 10% off by offering to pay Cash in full? That extra 10% might be a bit high, but I would think the coupon could only add to your savings.

Kevin Cagle

Agent
You could try but I imagine that if you get the manager to lower his price by 15% then stick another ten percent off coupon in his face he's just going to laugh.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
bill did you get the 5 off 12.99 x 3 or the retail price x3?

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
If anyone got the "10% off any TV $299 and up" coupon and doesn't need it, I'd be interested.
Just in case, what Bill's saying is that when they (or anyone else) runs a deal on their tvs, it'll probably beat this "bargain" anyhow. I'm guessing that you can't use these coupons when there's a sale on.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
:b Whoops, I meant $14.99!! :eek:

The coupon states "$5 Off When you buy 3 DVDs Regularly priced $14.99 & Up", and specifies on the back "*Markdowns taken from regular prices".

The ring-up procedure is described in the coupon and is entirely manual, so the cashier will have to be foolish to use it wrongly. Darnit. :)

Well, I can't use it until Sunday. And I can't use it on Clue and whatever its companion would be.

Maybe I'll break down and get the 2-disc version of American Idol Season 1. But I'll have to think of a couple of other things to get along with it. I hope they have "Love is a Many-Splendored Thing" in stock...that will make deciding easier.

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
I've never had trouble using coupons at BB regardless of what they say about not using them with sale items. I guess it may depend on who you get at the register, but I always seem to get people that just type in the discounts without looking close at the items I was getting.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Got mine today. :emoji_thumbsup:

It was addressed in a rather peculiar manner:

"To: Malcolm R or current resident (unless it's a Frezon, in which case destroy in accordance with Postal Regulations for undeliverable mail)."

:D

Users who are viewing this thread