What's new

Receiver Amplifier (1 Viewer)

Zac_p

Auditioning
ok here w3 go

difference between an AMPLIFIER AND A RECEIVER.

Are the same thing?? why they sell separate amplifiers?? what they do??

or am i on a mistake and the most symple HT is composed of

Receiver + amplifier + speakers

or am i on a mistake over another mistake and the amplifier is a NOT NECESSARY ACCESORY

or am i on lotta mistakes and the receiver does basic amplification and a separate amplifier is for getting an upper watts rate.

....btw am a noob on this stuff :rolleyes::laugh:

Zac_p

Auditioning
actually i had read this article yesterday but it does not clarify my question.

because as i said i dunno what the purpose of an amplifier if the receiver does amplify

and i wanna anybody to confirm that... A BASIC HT IS COMPOSED OF RECEIVER + SPEAKERS???? AMPLIFIER IS OPTIONAL????

RobWil

Supporting Actor
A receiver does has amplifiers, so really all you need for HT is an audio/video receiver and speakers.
Some people add separate amplifiers and connect them to a receiver to use instead of the amplifiers in the receiver because separate amplifiers are usually much better and sound better. If you are a beginner I would suggest that you just get a receiver and don't worry about separate amplifiers.

ChrisTheg

Agent
Receiver is comprised of an Amplifier, Tuner, and Digital Processors.

Amplifier is comprised of just an amplifier.

Receivers are made for people who are looking for everything all in one rather then getting the tuner, amp and processors all seperate.
When you buy them all seperatley they are called SEPERATES. This means the they are all self contained things rather then all in one box. Having a receiver and an amplifier is silly. Honestly, if you have to ask this question then you should be going with a Receiver.

Mike_J_D

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Chris,

Maybe you don't need the difference explained to you. I guess you were born omnipotent. However most of us are not that lucky. I think Rob answered the question rather nicely and accuratly. I don't think there was a need to put your two cents in if they weren't going to further the explanation Rob gave. And I have a power amp and reciever combo(I use to have the matching processor but sold it). And I don't know if I will buy another one. For some it is cheaper to just add a amp. Mike D

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
After you logically replaced all internal amplifiers that are integrated in the receiver with separate amplifiers, you could replace the receiver by a decoder, which does the audio-decoding of DPL, DD, and/or DTS for you.

Your receiver will still have to be your radio tuner then, though. And if it also did the switching of different video sources, you'll need to do that differently. Most people don't think that that is a big loss.

Cees

RobWil

Supporting Actor
Hey!...speak for yourself. Personally I prefer a low salt diet ;)
No...seriously though....I happen to be a white guy so I really don't jump all that well :frowning:

Mike_J_D

Stunt Coordinator
My bad, thanks for the correction Wayne. I thought 'omnipotent' was all knowing. Whoops. HAHAHAHAHAHA but at least you guys understood what I was trying to say. And your welcome Rob, just speakin truthfully. Mike D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks