What's new

"Disappeared" Menu Item (1 Viewer)

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
I am hoping someone here can help. We have a 7 year old Magnavox 25" television (model 25TS52C) that has two sets of inputs, plain old composite inputs for the cable/vcr and a set of RCA jacks for an auxilliary device. We have a DVD player attached to the TV with the RCA jacks. You can toggle between the cable/vcr signal and DVD player signal by selecting "Input" from the television's on screen menu. About a week ago, the Input option disappeared from the menu.

Anyone ever have this happen and know what to do about it?

Thanks if you can help.

Deborah

Mike Hamilton

Stunt Coordinator
Not sure if this will work, but it's better than a stick in the eye...
Try unplugging the sets AC from the wall, and plugging it back in a few minutes later. If there is any type of digital control on the chassis, it will reset it.
Then, try reloading all the channels back in (channel memory or that type of function). It's possible that it was accidentally deleted somehow.

Good luck! :)

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Mike,

It would not have occurred to me to do what you suggest and it is well worth a try. Thanks for the suggestion and the time you took to reply.

Deborah

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Hi, Mike,

I haven't tried it yet, because the television is at my mom's house. She and I each own one of these TVs, and her's is the one on the fritz. My set (which my bedroom set) seems to be working just fine. For my mom, however, this is the primary TV, so this has been a real pain for her. I will be trying your solution and one other suggested by the people at Philips, on Sunday when I visit. I will be sure to post here and let you know what happens.

Deborah

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Mike,

Yesterday (Sunday) I tried unplugging the television for a while and it didn't work. I also tried the suggestion of the people at Phillips, which was to go to channel 2 and then channel down. Theoretically, the Input option was suppose to appear, but it did not. Time to call the repair folk, I guess. Thanks for your help.

Deborah

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Hi, Mike,

Thanks for the words of sympathy. About reloading the channels -- I am not exactly sure what that means. In this area, the cable service requires the use of a receiver, so the TV is normally set permanently to channel 3 and we change stations with the cable box. Under these circumstances, I am not sure what loading or reloading the channels would do.

Deborah

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks