Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

RPTV textured screen damage

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Will Cunningham

Will Cunningham

Stunt Coordinator

• 91 posts

Posted May 06 2003 - 07:44 AM

Howdy, I have a Mistubishi 60" RPTV VS-6043 and am having a problem with it that I am hoping someone will have a suggestion for. The TV has a textured feeling screen and there are two problems with it. The first is a scratch that happened recently. That is not noticable from dead on, but from an angle it gets annoying. The other is a blotchy area that only really shows up when there is a very bright background like a white screen. It looks very much like part of the screen is dusty, but the dust doesn't wipe off. This has actually been there since I bought the TV 2-3 years ago. I was wondering if it is possible to replace just the front screen portion of the TV, I imagine they go out of thier way to make it difficult. In any event I would love to hear suggestions! I like the TV and would like to try and squeeze another year or two out of it if possible.
Will Cunningham - www.MadRavings.com

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Allan Jayne

Allan Jayne

Screenwriter

• 2,406 posts

Posted May 08 2003 - 01:30 AM

YUes the front screen portion can be replaced, but it is not easy. This is a large sheet of rigid plastic except when you manipulate it by itself it seems to be quite floppy. It must be flat against other screen layers and large gaps in between can make the picture ripply in appearance.

YOu may find that the blotch is due to dirt on the rear surface that can be wiped off after you detach the screen assembly or if you can reach in from a hatch in the rear.

Video hints:
http://members.aol.c...ynejr/video.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users