What's new

worst bonus feature ever?? (1 Viewer)

stewart borland

Stunt Coordinator
Just popped my newly delivered Monarch of the Glen Season two into the machine. Eagerly clicked to special features and selected the interview...
... imagine my surprise when I discovered it to be the exact same interview which was on disc 1 :angry:
Any other disc have a 'better' special feature? :thumbsdown:
The disc is published by Acorn Video and it's the BBC Scotland series (for those of you who aren't familiar with the title)

Matt<>Broon

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I'm very fond of the 'special' French Mono track on the upcoming Popeye release. ;)

I've never really considered Trailers to be especially 'special' either. So I'd say any one of those.

Tom_Bechet

Second Unit
LOL at Peter

I think the worst extra I have ever come across must be the techno party coverage on the Pitch Black DVD. Columbia France should have left that one out and given us DTS.:angry:

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
The worst bonus feature ever would've been if the easter egg video on The Ring actually caused death 7 days later.

DJ

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
- any commentary track with huge gaps and very little interesting info (e.g., Edward Scissorhands and When Harry Met Sally)

- text supplements or still galleries that automatically forward you to the next frame after a certain period of time

- features that make you jump through hoops to access them (Harry Potter, Memento)

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
I think the worst extra I have ever come across must be the techno party coverage on the Pitch Black DVD. Columbia France should have left that one out and given us DTS.
I would have traded the techno party and the redundant DTS track (not much different than the DD 5.1 track on this DVD) to make room for the outstanding Sci-Fi Channel TV special, Into Pitch Black, which extended the story in the same way that The Curse of the Blair Witch complemented The Blair Witch Project. Or there could have been a second disc, or a separate DTS release.

Into Pitch Black, according to Sci-Fi, allowed viewers to "learn more about the survivors of the crashed deep space transport Hunter-Gratzner, including psychopathic, escaped convict Riddick, and the desolate and deadly planet where they all crash landed." It was an hourlong special that ran about 45 minutes without commercials.

Tom_Bechet

Second Unit
What about "Action Overload, the hottest scenes from the movie music-video style"
Bruckheiomer style:D I think that action overlaod is mostl present on bruckheimer produced titles (gone in 60s)

I didn't know about that TV special, Randy, cheers:emoji_thumbsup:

EricSunde

Stunt Coordinator
Direct from The Jungle Book Limited Issue DVD:

-Full-Color Character Character Artwork on Disc

I think this was a "Special Feature" of all the Limited Issue Disney Animated Films, but I don't have them all in front of me.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Not the worst feature but it has to be the most weird...

The Thermian soundtrack on Galaxy Quest. Has anyone played the entire film using this alternate soundtrack?

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Disney's artwork is close, but for me the worst feature was on The Commitments (which I returned). It actually listed pan & scan as a bonus feature :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I enjoy reading these, but why not as a booklet insert??:

The Anchor Bay 'reverse side of cover' production notes.

BarryS

Second Unit
Well, I just watched the Glengarry Glen Ross DVD and there are some pretty worthless special features on there. Particularly the "J. Roy: New and Used Furniture" short film. This is probably the most worthless feature I've ever seen.

Dean Kousoulas

Second Unit
I have seen "Full Screen Presentation" listed as a special feature on the back of some dvd's. I think that speaks for itself.

Dean

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Well, I just watched the Glengarry Glen Ross DVD and there are some pretty worthless special features on there. Particularly the "J. Roy: New and Used Furniture" short film. This is probably the most worthless feature I've ever seen. Well, I just watched the Glengarry Glen Ross DVD and there are some pretty worthless special features on there. Particularly the "J. Roy: New and Used Furniture" short film. This is probably the most worthless feature I've ever seen.
As a fan of J. Roy director Tony Buba, I respectfully disagree.

DJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks