-

Photo
- - - - -

Anikin, Ethan, and Jenna, together again -- EcoChallange Fiji

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Hugh Jackes

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor

• 759 posts
  • LocationAnaheim. CA

Posted May 06 2003 - 02:11 AM

Am I the only fan?

And this year, among all of the experienced expedition racers, two of the more interesting rookie teams are Team Kodak, featuring the Christianson family, including actor Hayden, and a reality TV team (didn't catch their name) featuring Ethan from Survivor African and Jenna (wasn't she in the first Survivor?? although it was billed as from Survivor Borneo).

A serious race, 300 miles on foot, boat, bike, river, mountain through some of the most brutal country on earth. The narrator, David Duchovny, said that of 81 4-man teams, only 10 will finish.

I think the Anikin team and the Survivor team thought this was going to be a lark, they're in way over their heads. On last night's episode, Team Kodak (Christianson) was in last place. It wasn't clear where the Survivor's team was.
I have learned that some pain cannot be healed, but must be endured. I believe our Higher Power will help us to endure and find peace. I loved the boy with the utmost love of which my soul is capable and he is taken from me-yet in the agony of my spirit in surrendering such a treasure, I feel a thousand times richer than if I had never possessed it."
-- William Wordsworth 1812

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Andres Munoz

Andres Munoz

Screenwriter

• 2,494 posts

Posted May 06 2003 - 04:43 AM

When is this on? What channel?
Andres

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Hunter P

Hunter P

Screenwriter

• 1,483 posts

Posted May 06 2003 - 05:48 AM

Man I love Eco-Challenge. If it weren't for this program, I would never watch the USA network. I was just asking myself the other day when Mark Burnett will air another challenge since the Fiji one took place last year.

I have been burned out on all other reality shows but this one is different. This is people being pushed to their limits. The stress on the mind and body is unbelievable and makes for great TV.

Last night's episode on USA showed good promise. We have an actor who basically went from a movie set straight to the race. He's going to find out just how difficult this thing is. My guess is that his team quits and doesn't finish. I doubt that the reality team will finish too. None of them can navigate and if they aren't disqualified by the third episode then I would be surprised.

Don't worry if you miss any episodes. The USA network likes to repeat these episodes practically every night for two months.
GIR, UNLEASH THE MONKEY!
MONKEY!
"I am the Doctor of Death, and I have come to cure you of your life." --Endless Mike, The Adventures of Pete and Pete

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood

Producer

• 3,215 posts

Posted May 06 2003 - 05:54 AM

> although it was billed as from Survivor Borneo

They kept saying that, but there was no Survivor with that title.