Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Any place still selling the Panny CP72?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Brian M Kuss

Brian M Kuss

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted May 05 2003 - 01:02 PM

Is there anyplace left that has the Panasonic CP72? I'm looking for a replacement for my Toshiba 3109 and I really want to stay with a changer. Or any other suggestions for a DVD changer with great PQ (under $300)?
My HT Website | My Equipment List

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   BradJudy

BradJudy

Stunt Coordinator

• 211 posts

Posted May 05 2003 - 03:03 PM

Crutchfield has some 'scratch and dent' ones for sale. The Circuit City and SoundTrack near me have some left over, so you can check local places as well.

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   JimC_A

JimC_A

Stunt Coordinator

• 154 posts

Posted May 06 2003 - 12:06 AM

Be careful buying any of the Crutchfield scratch and dents. I've sent two 72's back myself. I'd be curious to know if the numbers I have written down match any of their scratch and dents.

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Paul A. Robinso

Paul A. Robinso

Agent

• 39 posts

Posted May 06 2003 - 07:11 AM

Onkyo has just released info on their 2003-2004 DVD-Players.
Take a Look at the 6-Disc Progressive Player DV-CP701Posted Image

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   DaveGTP

DaveGTP

Screenwriter

• 2,096 posts

Posted May 06 2003 - 11:50 AM

The nearby Circuit City has had a couple of open-box CP72's lately.
Matheson- "There are probably some who'll say that by doing this, we are interfering with their culture."

Gideon - "Probably. Screw them."
-Crusade, Visitors from Down the Street

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   KennyT

KennyT

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted May 27 2003 - 11:13 AM

A local store has some CP-72S available. Email me if you're interested kentom@hawaii.rr.com

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Scott Tucker

Scott Tucker

Stunt Coordinator

• 231 posts

Posted May 27 2003 - 04:22 PM

There is a reason all these stores have so many open-box units still left in there inventories. I would look to a newer model from Panasonic. Scott
"He's right. The ear's hacked off." Mr. Pink from Reservoir Dogs.

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   DougP

DougP

Agent

• 29 posts

Posted June 18 2003 - 12:47 PM

I recently went on a hunt for a CP-72 myself. I ordered from the Crutchfield's "scratch and dent" and I've been using the machine for 3 weeks without issue. In fact, I love it. I've got a Panny 36" HDTV ready and this is the first progressive scan player I've plugged in. Near as I can tell the picture's a beaut... but I'm not a videophile when compared to many on this BB. But - I do think it looks pretty sweet. Anyway, it's the last place I could find it and since it was scratch-and-dent and they had a free shipping coupon, I got it for $170 no tax/ship. Crutchfield takes over the warranty - so it's got one year but not through the factory. cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users