-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Advice needed on shipping a monster projector

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 Mike_G

Mike_G

Screenwriter

• 1,446 posts

Posted May 05 2003 - 02:13 AM

Hi all,
I have this Zenith front projector. I bought it from a friend a few months ago and recently replaced it with a Yamaha LX-500. I want to sell the Zenith, but the thing weighs at least 60lbs, and it's just monsterous. Has anyone had any experience in shipping these sorts of things? Do FedEx/UPS handle things like this normally or is it some kind of "special" pickup? I'd like to know what I'm getting into before I put it up for sale. Thanks.

Mike

#2 of 2 ColinM

ColinM

Screenwriter

• 2,057 posts

Posted May 05 2003 - 03:17 AM

Shippers have dimensional limits, and weight plus a big box may exclude some shippers. Others just ask for more money.

If you can ship via freight, you shouldn't have a problem as long as you take the time to pack it well. If you can build a simple wooden mount for it, and fasten it to a skid and then enclose it, you are golden. Shipping cost is what kills the deals on these, methinks.

Good luck!

Maybe you'd be better off parting it out?
You call that a knife?