What's new

Miyazaki short films availability question... (1 Viewer)

Tim Fleming

Stunt Coordinator
I was recently (about 2 weeks ago) at Miyazaki's Ghibli Museum in Japan and they had a couple of short films showing. One of these was about flying machines and was hosted by the main character from Porco Rosso and the other was a 16 minute short called "Mei and the Konekko Bus" - both were wonderful.

I am now wondering if anyone has any knowledge concerning the possiblilty that these and other Miyazaki shorts (apparently new short films are screened periodically at the museum) are likely to appear on DVD at any time in the near future.

regards, Tim...

Sean Campbell

Second Unit
As far as I'm aware, no DVDs are currently planned for these films. Apparently they're exclusive to the Ghibli museum :frowning:
That said, they might turn up as extras on a disc at some point in the future. Not this year though.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Both are Ghibli museum exclusives, at least for now

For those not in the know, Mei and the Konneko Bus is a semi-sequel to My Neighbor Totoro, more of a sidestory really.

It's possible that maybe one or both will show up on a future Ghibli DVD

Also- before anyone asks about On Your Mark, Disney does not own the rights to it, as it's mostly owned by Pony Canyon and Chage & Aska

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks