What's new

Home-made Star Wars gone wrong (1 Viewer)

JayV

Supporting Actor
"If you're going to videotape your Star Wars fighting skills on a school camera, remember to remove the cassette when you're done."

Check out this young man's video on waxy.org. It seems that he recorded this on a school camera and left the tape in.

First download the video linked as "embarrassingly good video" and watch it. Then check out the ever-helpful internet community's remix, also available on the same page.

He really works himself into a lather, making lightsaber sounds and tripping over himself.

-j

Darren Davis

Stunt Coordinator
it's brilliant. I've already commented on both videos on other message boards but I will say I laughed hard. But I still feel kind of sorry for the guy. He was just doing something he loved.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I'll admit to it - if I had access to a camcorder I probably would have pretty embarrassing stuff from my childhood.

Some of my fave comments from that site:

"And still, it's better than Attack of the Clones"

"Okay, wow....I find the fourth little segment the most amusing because he reminded me of a spastic ballerina. On quaaludes. If you're gonna do the whole flail the metal pole thing, at least try not to lift your legs...it scares the children. Also, I'm surprised he didn't take out the camera at least once, considering that he had zero balance, plus the little swagger he always seems to have when walking into frame. PURE GOLD!"

"I vividly recall the embarrasment I felt when my sister walked in on me performing my own version of "Flashdance: What A Feeling!" in my room, so many years ago."

"And at times he almost looks like he knows what he's doing. It's hypnotic, really."

---

I sure hope this kid has a sense of humor about the whole thing. Actually I hope he gets some form of 15 minutes of fame from this.

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
He really works himself into a lather, making lightsaber sounds...
Whoa. My mind was in the gutter and was happily surprised that I didn't watch what I was afraid I was going to. Whew!

Anyway, that is hilarious. His jumps and moves were so graceful. :)

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
There is probably an embarrasing film/video like this for everyone... I know I have one and no you can't see it. :)

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
C'mon guys he was supposed to be really good until a bee flew on set and you know how he is alergic to bees...Right? he was just try'n to swat it:D

John Chow

Second Unit
Dunno, I saw this linked from somewhere else, and while it is hilarious, especially the remix, I'm not 100% convinced he was doing Star Wars. Doesn't really sound like lightsaber sounds to me, more like the whooshing sounds of kungfu films.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
:lol:

That was classic. Love the remix. The internet community is just one big smar ass remark.

The least the kid could do was dress up in costume.

Matt Gordon

Supporting Actor
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
Sad... just so very sad... :laugh:

Matt

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
I'm not 100% convinced he was doing Star Wars. Doesn't really sound like lightsaber sounds to me, more like the whooshing sounds of kungfu films.
I agree with John on that... doesn't sound like he's doing lightsaber sounds. I thought "hmmm... guy with a quarterstaff who is gonna bag himself REAL soon..." ;)

Although the "remix" was funnier than hell.

*mental note... hide and/or burn all of my home videos from when I was a kid/teen* ;)

Scott DeToffol

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott DeToffol
I had the whole office crying this afternoon -- thanks kid! I hope he takes this well. Maybe his fame will lead to something good, like Leno will invite him on the show, or George Lucas will invite him to Skywalker ranch. I just hope he isn't tramatized by this. I made me laugh and that's a good thing.

David_N

Stunt Coordinator
Aww man, the funny yet totally scary thing is that kid is me in grade 9!
I second that statement. And I probably looked just as cool too.:frowning: But I looked like ObiWan in Phantom Menace in my mind.....and that's all that matters.:D :b

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
That is the funniest thing I have seen all year. The odd part is I think it is totally cool, the kid was 'in the zone' and obviously living out a fantasy. He's totally inept, but definitely living the dream. The little swagger he makes in and out of the frame before the action is classic...

I like this comment:

"beware Luke Piestalker"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks