Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Home-made Star Wars gone wrong

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 of 49 OFFLINE   JayV

JayV

Supporting Actor

• 612 posts

Posted May 04 2003 - 02:06 PM

"If you're going to videotape your Star Wars fighting skills on a school camera, remember to remove the cassette when you're done."

Check out this young man's video on waxy.org. It seems that he recorded this on a school camera and left the tape in.

First download the video linked as "embarrassingly good video" and watch it. Then check out the ever-helpful internet community's remix, also available on the same page.

He really works himself into a lather, making lightsaber sounds and tripping over himself.

-j

#2 of 49 OFFLINE   Darren Davis

Darren Davis

Stunt Coordinator

• 248 posts

Posted May 04 2003 - 02:48 PM

it's brilliant. I've already commented on both videos on other message boards but I will say I laughed hard. But I still feel kind of sorry for the guy. He was just doing something he loved.

#3 of 49 OFFLINE   Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Executive Producer

• 10,246 posts

Posted May 04 2003 - 03:53 PM

I'll admit to it - if I had access to a camcorder I probably would have pretty embarrassing stuff from my childhood. Some of my fave comments from that site: "And still, it's better than Attack of the Clones" "Okay, wow....I find the fourth little segment the most amusing because he reminded me of a spastic ballerina. On quaaludes. If you're gonna do the whole flail the metal pole thing, at least try not to lift your legs...it scares the children. Also, I'm surprised he didn't take out the camera at least once, considering that he had zero balance, plus the little swagger he always seems to have when walking into frame. PURE GOLD!" "I vividly recall the embarrasment I felt when my sister walked in on me performing my own version of "Flashdance: What A Feeling!" in my room, so many years ago." "And at times he almost looks like he knows what he's doing. It's hypnotic, really." --- I sure hope this kid has a sense of humor about the whole thing. Actually I hope he gets some form of 15 minutes of fame from this.

XBox Live: TheL1brarian (let's play Destiny on XB1)

#4 of 49 OFFLINE   Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter

• 1,541 posts

Posted May 04 2003 - 04:53 PM

[quote] He really works himself into a lather, making lightsaber sounds... [quote]

Whoa. My mind was in the gutter and was happily surprised that I didn't watch what I was afraid I was going to. Whew!

Anyway, that is hilarious. His jumps and moves were so graceful. Posted Image
God bless!
jeffrey noel

As we slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way.

#5 of 49 OFFLINE   Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk

Screenwriter

• 2,833 posts

Posted May 04 2003 - 05:24 PM

My windows media player never loads anything anymore. Oh well.

#6 of 49 OFFLINE   andrew markworthy

andrew markworthy

Producer

• 4,769 posts

Posted May 04 2003 - 08:20 PM

All I can say is, thank goodness the kid was fixated on Star Wars and not something like Last Tango in Paris.

#7 of 49 OFFLINE   JasenP

JasenP

Screenwriter

• 1,286 posts
  • LocationKalamazoo, MI

Posted May 04 2003 - 11:30 PM

There is probably an embarrasing film/video like this for everyone... I know I have one and no you can't see it. Posted Image
3D is always a compromise. 

#8 of 49 OFFLINE   Shawn Solar

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor

• 767 posts

Posted May 05 2003 - 12:03 AM

C'mon guys he was supposed to be really good until a bee flew on set and you know how he is alergic to bees...Right? he was just try'n to swat itPosted Image

#9 of 49 OFFLINE   John Chow

John Chow

Second Unit

• 313 posts

Posted May 05 2003 - 01:14 AM

Dunno, I saw this linked from somewhere else, and while it is hilarious, especially the remix, I'm not 100% convinced he was doing Star Wars. Doesn't really sound like lightsaber sounds to me, more like the whooshing sounds of kungfu films.

#10 of 49 OFFLINE   Dean Cooper

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor

• 975 posts

Posted May 05 2003 - 02:28 AM

Wonder if he ate a lot of paint chips when he was a kid...
Posted Image
The remix is classic.

#11 of 49 OFFLINE   ChuckDeLa

ChuckDeLa

Screenwriter

• 2,802 posts

Posted May 05 2003 - 02:58 AM

Too funny! This will haunt him for years!

#12 of 49 OFFLINE   Thomas H G

Thomas H G

Screenwriter

• 1,034 posts

Posted May 05 2003 - 03:59 AM

:lol: That was classic. Love the remix. The internet community is just one big smar ass remark. The least the kid could do was dress up in costume.
My Collection at DVD Aficiando

boogieman187 on XBL

#13 of 49 OFFLINE   Richard Travale

Richard Travale

Producer

• 3,426 posts
  • LocationThe Island, Canada

Posted May 05 2003 - 05:04 AM

Aww man, the funny yet totally scary thing is that kid is me in grade 9! :b
 "Cock your hat - angles are attitudes. "
- Frank Sinatra 

#14 of 49 OFFLINE   Jeff Braddock

Jeff Braddock

Second Unit

• 307 posts

Posted May 05 2003 - 05:23 AM

If only I could watch that on one of these or if I had an htpc and projector....good times
Jeff

"Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm schizophrenic, and so am I." -Frank Crow

#15 of 49 OFFLINE   Matt Gordon

Matt Gordon

Supporting Actor

• 534 posts

Posted May 05 2003 - 05:48 AM

Posted Image Sad... just so very sad... Posted Image

Matt
Spoiler tags are cool.

#16 of 49 OFFLINE   Tony Whalen

Tony Whalen

Producer

• 3,150 posts

Posted May 05 2003 - 07:05 AM

[quote] I'm not 100% convinced he was doing Star Wars. Doesn't really sound like lightsaber sounds to me, more like the whooshing sounds of kungfu films. [quote]

I agree with John on that... doesn't sound like he's doing lightsaber sounds. I thought "hmmm... guy with a quarterstaff who is gonna bag himself REAL soon..." Posted Image

Although the "remix" was funnier than hell.

*mental note... hide and/or burn all of my home videos from when I was a kid/teen* Posted Image

#17 of 49 OFFLINE   Scott DeToffol

Scott DeToffol

Stunt Coordinator

• 242 posts

Posted May 05 2003 - 07:16 AM

I had the whole office crying this afternoon -- thanks kid! I hope he takes this well. Maybe his fame will lead to something good, like Leno will invite him on the show, or George Lucas will invite him to Skywalker ranch. I just hope he isn't tramatized by this. I made me laugh and that's a good thing.

#18 of 49 OFFLINE   David_N

David_N

Stunt Coordinator

• 206 posts

Posted May 05 2003 - 07:52 AM

[quote] Aww man, the funny yet totally scary thing is that kid is me in grade 9! [quote]

I second that statement. And I probably looked just as cool too.Posted Image But I looked like ObiWan in Phantom Menace in my mind.....and that's all that matters.Posted Image :b

#19 of 49 OFFLINE   Joe Szott

Joe Szott

Screenwriter

• 1,962 posts

Posted May 05 2003 - 08:01 AM

That is the funniest thing I have seen all year. The odd part is I think it is totally cool, the kid was 'in the zone' and obviously living out a fantasy. He's totally inept, but definitely living the dream. The little swagger he makes in and out of the frame before the action is classic... I like this comment: "beware Luke Piestalker"

#20 of 49 OFFLINE   Tony Whalen

Tony Whalen

Producer

• 3,150 posts

Posted May 05 2003 - 08:27 AM

[quote] "beware Luke Piestalker" [quote]

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I'm certain I looked like a much bigger geek on some of my teenage videos... which is why I'll be burning them for my own protection tonight. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users