Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

what kind of picture quality can I expect from the Samsung TXN3075WHF

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   david*mt

david*mt

Second Unit

• 306 posts

Posted May 04 2003 - 01:48 PM

I'm thinking about getting it because Bestbuy is offering the $100 giftcard with purchase and just wanted to know what kind of picture quality to expect from it. I mean, how will it compare to larger projector sets? I plan on mainly watching DVDs for now and using Avia to tweak it.

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Aurel Savin

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor

• 841 posts

Posted May 04 2003 - 03:54 PM

David:

I am looking at this set myself and took a ride to Best Buy as well today to look at it.

Looks pretty great for the price. Nice picture although the store did not have a HD signal running through it. I am confident this will be the one I will end up getting.

etronics.com has it for $849 (etronics ) so I am going to price match CC since etronics has a local store here in NY. I figure for about $830 is an awesome deal for an HDTV set!

BTW: The set they have is the TXN3071WHF NOT the TXN3075WHF.

Circuit City has the TXN3075WHF

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   david*mt

david*mt

Second Unit

• 306 posts

Posted May 05 2003 - 12:57 AM

Thats a great price from Etronics. Does anyone know if I would get the manufacturers warranty if I ordered from them? Would I have to pay tax because I live out of state? Because shipping is only $94 for me and it would still beat Bestbuys price.

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Aurel Savin

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor

• 841 posts

Posted May 05 2003 - 03:24 AM

David ... Etronics is totally legit. I have ordered a lot of things through them and a client of mine also knows the owner. Next to J&R they are one of the largest distributors here in NYC. I think there is no tax if you order from out of state.

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet

Lead Actor

• 8,805 posts

Posted May 05 2003 - 07:04 AM

PQ on most of the samsungs is first rate. Build quality often leaves something to be desired. Also, they seem to be prone to damage in shipping. We drove back and forth *three* times to finally get a decent (4x3 version) 27" HD set to my friend's house that worked...the first one was physically cracked on the case...the 2nd would produce no picture...the third finally worked! It was no fun driving back and forth trying to convince the guys at best buy that the set was really broken. Be sure to open the box and turn the TV on in the store before you drive home!!! -dave
Be an Original Aspect Ratio Advocate

Supporter of 1080p24 video and lossless 24 bit audio.

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs

Executive Producer

• 16,725 posts

Posted May 05 2003 - 07:13 AM

DaViD, that's exactly the information I was looking for when asking about Samsung's TXN3271HF 4:3 HD-capable set. So you think the picture quality is great but that your experience calls the build quality into question. From that episode I suppose you could rule out getting a Samsung from an online dealer.

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   KevinJ

KevinJ

Supporting Actor

• 558 posts

Posted May 05 2003 - 12:48 PM

i have a 27"samsung[txm2796]and the build quality is not bad imho[no cracks or anything,worked right out of the box]

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Aurel Savin

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor

• 841 posts

Posted May 06 2003 - 08:11 AM

Well, I finally bought the TXN3075WHF after 6 months of waiting to get a good deal on a 30" set. Using the Etronics price match above, scored it at CC for $834.99 ... The set looks pretty awesome in the store, but I am sure I will have fun tweaking it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users