-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

FPTV Budget breakdown

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 ChristW

ChristW

Agent

• 29 posts

Posted May 04 2003 - 10:58 AM

Hi all,
I'm new to the forums, but have been reading them for a few days; very informative!

I'm going to start finishing my basement later this month and have finally started thinking about my budget for equipment. I have an approxamate dollar amount in mind, but I'm not sure how it should be divided amongst the components.

My initial thinking is that I should spend the most on speakers, since speaker technology won't really change as much as projectors. Thoughts?

So assuming a $10,000 budget, what amount of money should I spend on speakers/projector/receiver/screen/etc? If it helps, I'm thinking about spending about $2,000 on the projector (Panny L300U most likely). I'd love to come in at under $10k (might be forced to anyway), but I'm looking for general ideas (or specific components, if people want to go the extra mile).

Thanks all - back to reading!
Chris