Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

B&K AVR 507. Who's got one?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Joe

Joe

Stunt Coordinator

• 139 posts

Posted May 04 2003 - 09:41 AM

Do you, present or past 507 owners(not Ref 50 w/amp), have the so called "whine" sound coming from your receiver? Also, regardless if you have this issue, what speakers do you have connected to it?

I'm really close to getting one so I'd like to know if it is going to be a mistake. Thanks.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Armand G

Armand G

Stunt Coordinator

• 151 posts

Posted May 07 2003 - 07:23 PM

Hi Joe,

I don't own one, but there is a special forum for flagship receivers. Check it out:

http://pub106.ezboar...iedvdandhtforum
Hometheater Rules!

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Dan Keliikoa

Dan Keliikoa

Stunt Coordinator

• 199 posts

Posted May 08 2003 - 01:57 AM

That's a cool receiver forum; thanks Armand Posted Image

I have a 507 that I've been gushing over in my own thread around here Posted Image I use M&K S125s for fronts, a S100B for center, an MX150IITHX sub, and two pairs of SS150 tripoles for surrounds. It sounds incredible!

As for the whine, I only hear a bit of processor whine thru one of the surround speakers but not when the unit is actually playing anything. The whine level is VERY low and you have to stand next to the speaker to hear it. I wouldn't let this stop you from getting such a fine receiver, though.

For me, the whine is a non-issue since it's not there when it counts; during operation.

Cheers,
Dan
"He is not Herbert. We reach!"

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Aristides

Aristides

Agent

• 43 posts

Posted May 08 2003 - 08:58 AM

For the asking price of that piece, I would be extremely dissapointed if it "whined" at all.

I'm getting an ocasional audible whine from my Denon 3300, which I plan on getting looked at soon.

Peace,
Aristides