What's new

Alias 5/4/03 - 2 Hour Season Finale (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Just a heads-up for Alias fans that the season finale will be wrapped up in 2 back-to-back episodes tonight.

(Note, I've removed the spoiler warnings 5/5/03)

Mark ZA

Agent
strange twist, not sure how they're gonna resolve this one. A little Bobby Ewing-esque no?

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
OH

DEAR

GAWD

cue Cast Away theme :D

Is it just me, or was that the twist to end all twists?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Okay, now that I've thought about it:

Irina said that Sydney and Sloane were the two main players when it came to the prophecy. Well, I think Sloane used the Rambaldi "The Telling" device on Sydney, and somehow she got thrown ahead 2 years somehow.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Since its over...i'm not gonna bother spoilerizing:

I don't know whether to think the ending is a cheap-ass trick that isn't original or what. Now that can basically ignore all the building they did between the characters over the past seasons since she has been missing for 2+ years. Next season I'm sure we'll have a full set of repressed memories being brought to the surface with the "just in time to remember cause I've been there before" scenarios. We still don't know what the device is also.

When they cut to her in the street I was initially thinking that she would wake up and have dreamed everything and SD6 would still be active, but instead its the whole "went missing for multiple years and now everything has changed."

Hopefully next season won't rely on just cheap story lines.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
..and Will is alive?!?

Wasn't that the same bathtub Sidney found her fiance in?

Wow!

Joel C

Screenwriter
When they cut to her in the street I was initially thinking that she would wake up and have dreamed everything and SD6 would still be active, but instead its the whole "went missing for multiple years and now everything has changed."
That was my fear!

I loved both episodes. I know many people who were invested in the SVR are VERY angry right now... but I watch TV to be entertained, and that was entertaining. I can't wait to see where this is going.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Please folks, use spoilers for the next few hours, lest we truly spoil it for our west coast brethren.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
WTF?! Ok, I'll admit I NEVER EVER saw that one coming. J.J. Abrams must be a big fan of Flight of the Navigator. ;)

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
It's not over on the left coast.
Well, my opinion remains that if you are planning on watching a show that night, you should not read threads on that show until after you watch it. It is just common sense. I have friends on the west coast who stay the heck off related internet sites that evening until they have watched their shows. They know better, shouldn't we? Is there anybody on the west coast here who would like to come forward and say that they read threads specifically titled as being about that night's episode two hours before they watch it?

Frankly, I'm glad Will is alive (Vaughn did say that, right?). I know some people can't stand him, but I think it's important to the show that Syd has friends and family, and the herd has already been thinned.

I don't think it would be in-character for Vaughn to grieve so quickly as to marry in less than two years. I think they took the cheap way out there; you typically never want lead characters in a happy relationship as it often reduces tension which helps ratings. The exception of course being shows where, from the start, marriage or lengthy togetherness is part of the show's concept.

They've already rebooted the show once this year, and the two-years-later-with-amnesia device is a bit much, in my opinion. This is another reboot, IMO.

It leaves a lot of question marks for next year. I'm still sticking with the show. I think it was better before the first reboot, but it obviously wasn't commercial enough. It is close to slipping off my radar at this point. I don't expect total realism, but it continues to get more far-fetched.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
It's not over on the left coast.
They're about 2 hours from being at a loss for words. It was a pretty good string of back to back episodes, but that was just too much for a season finale end sequence. Will is alright??? Huh, I thought he was in the tub dead just like her fiance was?? What happened to Anna if this Creep show is Alison?

Supposed facts:
1)Irina escaped on the 19th floor
2)Will was stabbed and left for dead in the tub?
3)Alison/Francie was shot in the L arm, R Lung, L shoulder by Sydney and thus may still be alive
4)Jack has been resuced
5)Will is not dead?
6)Vaughn is married or engaged to someone else.
7)Sark is in custody
8)Sloane was being pursued by Vaughn but got away with the device

Anyone know the last time Sydney wore that sweater??????

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think Vaughn has left the CIA by what he said to Syndey in the safehouse "they brought me back..."

Can't wait to see if Marshall and Carrie got hitched and had kids. Can you imagine Marshall as a dad?

Is Kendall stuck at this job of his for 2 years?

Daniel_BR

Grip
WTH? That was awful.

So many interesting things they had going and could have focused on, but they gave us nothing. No wrapup on Sloane, no status of Jack, Dixon, Irina. Just horrible. I mean, as far as I can tell, Will and Francie have always been a subplot really. I kept saying to my wife "enough of Will & Grace, let's get back to Sloane and Rimbaldi."

I mean, they might as well have just started a new spinoff. I mean, are we supposed to think any of this is related to Rimbaldi? We still are given no real clue what that is. Are we supposed to think that Syd was used to fulfill evil prophecies? Why did they bother holding Jack during the building of the device? How did Sloane's visit to the temple last week have anything to do with this? (i.e. what did he learn that was so important). And so many more questions . . .

Just totally bizarre how they worked nothing into the ending and jumped off the deep end. I expected an open ending cliffhanger, but come on. At some point there has to be some continuity to the story line.

I'm disappointed. Not so disappointed I won't keep watching next year, but they could have done better. I guess I'm disappointed because we have nothing concrete to use to speculate what happened with the whole "two year gap" thing.

Daniel_BR

Grip
One more thing from my wife . . .

When my wife read my post, she added that we do have the clue of Syd's scar. Took an organ? Operation?

Oh, and we were cracking up when they pulled away from her laying on the ground in Hong Kong in the fetal position and I said (for Syd) "What's going on? I know everything, but can't remember my name! :D"

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
I won't be watching next season. It's too bad a great cast and great production values are being wasted on plotting that's the quality of a 10-cent serial western.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks