What's new

Denon 3803 setup (1 Viewer)

Dennis MS

Auditioning
I just spent most of today setting up my home theatre, have all the connections, and I just tried to go into the setup menu on the Denon, but I can't.

I don't have the satellite hookup yet, so it's just connected to a Denon 3800 DVD player. I push setup and nothing happens. AMP is lit on the remote, but I can't access the menu. I even reset the receiver to the original settings.

I'd appreciate it if any has any suggestions.

Thanks,

Den

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
Are you trying to get the menu on-screen or on the front panel? Denon's setup menu on works on-screen. Make sure you have one of the Denon's monitor outputs connected to one of your TV's inputs (at first, try the composite or S-Video.)

Dennis MS

Auditioning
Chuck,

Thanks for your post. You're right I was trying to view it on the receiver. After playing with the TV I was able to get it on screen and set it up.

Thanks again.

Den

BrentB

Grip
I just bought a Denon 1082 that has on-screen diplay.
I've hooked a yellow,video cable from the "monitor out" on the receiver to the video in on the TV. Am I missing something or is there some thing on the remote that has to activate the on-screen display? In reading the manual,it clearly talks about the on-screen display, just not real clear on how to access it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,Brent

Jamey F

Stunt Coordinator
Make sure your TV is on the same input mode as you've plugged in the yellow cable from your receiver's monitor out. Try going into the setup menu for the receiver after that. There may be an OSD option in the menu settings you have ot turn on. On the 3803 it is off, mode 1, or mode 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks