What's new

24 Hours and still no X2 DVD announcement?! (1 Viewer)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
j/k.

i'm looking forward to walking to the checkout counter with this come Nov., but i'm wondering if we are going to get a more substantial edition first time out, or are we going to need to wait 3 more years for X2.5.
also, while this film was considerably longer than the first, i still felt somewhat shortchanged.
i guess thats a compliment, because i still craved more after it was over. Anyone know if there are significant scenes that were left on the cutting room floor?
was that really all that was shot for Cyclop's character?

one thing i noticed in the theater and will be looking forard to at experiencing at home, was the soundmix.
usually this doesn't stand out to me too much, but i found the mix here to be highly immersive w/ terrific use of the rears.
it would be great to get a fullbodied DTS track first time out- especially if Singer declines to do a commentary track now.

hell, if Daredevil can get a 2 disc set, i'm gonna be one disappointed geek if all we get is a similar package to the first films first dvd release.
I would love to see Fox put out a dvd set to rival New Lines LOTR EE sets, although i don't see it happening.

i just need something decent, dammit , to tide me over another 3 years.

you knew some idiot was going to make this post, might as well get it out of the way.
:D

Dave Molinarolo

Stunt Coordinator
I'm no DVD insider by any means, but I would almost safetly assume that X2 will probably get a 2-disc SE release on Aug. 19th*. :D

* (Good of date as any!)

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I expect Fox to do X2 right and release it with a packed DVD right off the bat instead of what they did with the first movie. The first had to deal with a rushed DVD release and there was no time for the director's involvement or to edit together a worthwhile featurette. Like many films today, X2 was proabably made with the DVD already in mind. So there's a good chance it's already got some of its bonus material made including a featurette on the comic books that couldn't be included on X-Men 1.5. The X2 DVD is being produced by the same team that did X-Men 1.5, so I'm expecting it to be good.

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
While watching X2 yesterday, I kept thinking to myself "damn, this scene would be great to hear at home." At the theater I go to there is a much lack of bass, if any. Hopefully this DVD will be reference. The movie is already great, and the third one seems to be filled with special effects from the ending of X2.
The shadow of the Phoenix over the water at the end of X2. Can you imagine the X-Men going to space and visiting other planets, its gonna kick so much ass.

L8rz,
Deepak Jr.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
I expect Fox to do X2 right and release it with a packed DVD right off the bat instead of what they did with the first movie.
I think so too, Bryan Singer appeared generally sorry about the fact 1.5 had to be released, so I think he may push for a full blown 2 disc set from the get-go.

Now, double-dipping, I can't speak for.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I have to agree. I thought about the DVD while sitting in the theater too. Two things that stuck out for me:

When Magneto was re-arranging Cerebro and when the dam broke.

Can't WAIT TO HEAR THEM AT HOME!!!

Tim Ke

Stunt Coordinator
I read that Bryan Singer wanted to get some perspective on the first film and that's why there wasn't an audio commentary for the X-Men 1 DVD release, but maybe that was because he had such a tough time shooting it? If the X2 shoot went smoothly then hopefully we'll get an audio commentary off the bat for X2!

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I'd expect this DSVD in November or so. I'm hoping for a bigger commentary this time with some cast and crew instead of just Singer. Maybe even get Stan Lee in there.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I read that Bryan Singer wanted to get some perspective on the first film and that's why there wasn't an audio commentary for the X-Men 1 DVD release, but maybe that was because he had such a tough time shooting it? If the X2 shoot went smoothly then hopefully we'll get an audio commentary off the bat for X2!
It would be nice if that was the case. Actually, though, X-Men's one of the few movies in which I'd be genuinely interested in hearing a cast commentary. I've always found Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Famke Janssen, James Marsden, etc. very articulate and interesting when discussing the films and their roles. It could be fun letting them expand on that stuff over the running time of the movie. Or maybe they'd just giggle a lot.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Considering there will be an X-Men 3, I have to believe Fox will release another version of X-Men 2 a few months before the new movie. This seems to be a common practice of studios now. Chances are, it will be the same transfer, however - as with X-Men 1.5. It will be interesting if X-Men 2 has a DTS track. If it doesn't, you know for sure they will re-release it.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
The sound was way too low in both theaters I saw this in.
Its gotten to the point where most peoples home theaters sound better than the movie theaters.

I would say Nov if I had to guess and I wouldnt expect a X2.5 either but a full blown version first time out.Singer seemed to not like the idea of having to release 2 versions of the first one.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

anybody that wasn't impressed by the soundtrack of X2 in their theater is going be knocked on their a$$ with the dvd release- whether its DD or DTS.
of this i am confident.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
I don't see Fox releasing an X-men 2.5 this time around. The DVD market is completely different now then when the first X-men DVD was released. Movies are now shot with the DVD in mind, to the point that the DVD is being produced right alongside the rest of the movie. X-men was shot on a rushed schedule, turned out to be a hit, so Fox shoved the first DVD out the door, promising Singer he could go back and do it rght later. Of crouse, Singer never did get his new cut of the movie, the reasoning behind that I don't know.

However, X-2 was done with the DVD in mind, I remember reading on DVD File in an interview with Singer that the 1.5 and 2 DVDs were being done by the saame people and with the intent of complimenting each other. So look for the X-2 DVD to be very similar in style to the 1.5 disc, whcih is fine with me.

Now, though, the question for the ages: What title will appear on the DVD? Is it gonna be X-men 2.0 to keep up with the version number motif? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks