Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Got Apex Deals Page

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Kieran Coghlan

Kieran Coghlan

Second Unit

• 264 posts

Posted May 02 2003 - 12:01 PM

You know I really like the work Apex does for that deals page... lots of great deals that are fun to read even if I don't end up buying them. HOWEVER.... more than once recently I have been unable to find the price/deal posted on the deals page. Take for example today's deal posted about the Western Digital Caviar SE (JB / 8MB cache) 7200rpm IDE drives... a 120GB one for $94 and a 180GB one for ~$118. The closes I got was the 120GB one for $104. The 180GB drive on Dell's site was ~$170 after rebate. What gives? Am I doing something wrong? This has happened on other deals too, but I was actually interested making a purchase in this case....
-Kieran

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Steve_Ch

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor

• 982 posts

Posted May 02 2003 - 02:01 PM

Send email and ask, as I recall, people that post the stuff do respond to inquiries, within 24 hours.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   John Thomas

John Thomas

Screenwriter

• 2,637 posts

Posted May 02 2003 - 09:46 PM

Kieran, I've ran into that same problem several times as well with that Apex page. The WD HDD deal isn't what is stated on the deal page and the same thing occurred when they were doing a special on the Dell Dimensions; the discount wasn't aas much as they said. I thought I was doing something wrong as well but I followed the instructions stated on the previous page. ?!?

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Aaron H

Aaron H

Supporting Actor

• 598 posts

Posted May 03 2003 - 05:12 AM

Kieran, Are you sure you are doing the deal correctly? Make sure you follow all of the directions. Use the link GotApex gives, search for the item, add it to your cart. $94. It's $179 minus 20% minus the $50 MIR. Aaron

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   John Thomas

John Thomas

Screenwriter

• 2,637 posts

Posted May 04 2003 - 08:50 AM

Kieran, I just checked it out and you have to go through the process of adding it to your cart and checking out. The "Dell Small Business customer, save 20% on Software and Peripherals" will show up after you've done this. (which in the case of the 120gb is $35.99 off).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users