What's new

Powered sub, that's what I need..........right??? (1 Viewer)

Brad Newton

Second Unit
to go with a Pioneer 45tx receiver. I know this is a simple (dumb) question, but I want to make sure before I place the order.

RobWil

Supporting Actor
Yes....you need a powered sub, or a non-powered sub with an external amplifier.
Connect to the sub pre-out on the receiver.

Kevin*Harley

Stunt Coordinator
Brad,
Since Robwil answered your question I figured I could go off topic for a sec.

Back in Jan when I was adutioning speakers we were looking at similar products. Sounds like you are closing in on a receiver and I was just wondering what you finally decided on for speakers, etc.

Kevin

Brad Newton

Second Unit
I settled on Klipsch RF3II, RC3II, SB2, & SS1 to go along with a SVS sub, probably the box version. I listened to B & W 603's & Monitor Audio Silver series, but since I am mainly interested in HT, I chose the Klipsch. Hopefully, I won't be sorry.
What receiver & speakers did you choose?

Kevin*Harley

Stunt Coordinator
...and I thought it took me a long time to decide......"You definitely have be beat!"
:D

My purchase was based on both HT and music and I ended up with:

Denon 3803
MA Silver S8
MA Silver LCR
Velodyne HGS-15
(I'm using my older Infinity TS for surrounds)

If you liked what you heard, you "won't be sorry." I had buyers remorse for a short time. This was my first HT so I struggled during set-up and calibration but once I was done I became all smiles.

Are you upgrading or freshman like me?

Brad Newton

Second Unit
That is another reason I went with the Pioneer receiver....the auto calibration. I was also afraid of the upconversion problems with the 3803. No this is my 1st adventure.....and I am eager for everything to arrive. What caused your remorse??????????

Kevin*Harley

Stunt Coordinator
It’s a daunting task filtering all of the information, products and opinions. Like you, my “remorse” was whether I had made the right purchase.
At first, set-up was extremely foreign but once you start the process it’s actually very logical and straightforward. All of the problems I had were self-inflicted by my ignorance. Don’t worry…..now I look and the back of my receiver and actually understand what each of the one million cables and wires do.
I’m not familiar with the auto-calibration on the Pioneer, however the process isn’t as difficult as I thought.
I’m sure I ask every “stupid” question possible. If I can save you from embarrassment and making all of my mistake let me know.

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks