What's new

Component input switch for my single comp. input tewee (1 Viewer)

Kevin Nolan

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Sony RPTV that has only one component vid input. I know there are several products on the market that will give me 2 or more. BUT there is one and I can't remember who makes it but it accepts two input and switches automaticaly...anyone know or recall who makes it?
Kevin

Ottis Fletcher

Stunt Coordinator
I know what you mean. You'd figure that TV makers would realize by now that people require several component inputs in this age of home theater....but they do not. My TV has two component inputs for six component devices, it's not a devastating problem because I can easily get behind my set, but never the less a pain in the ass. Anyway I was looking at this one here. It may be pricey if you only need one or two more inputs, but I can guarantee that you will need more as time goes on.

george king

Supporting Actor
It depends on how much you want to spend, and whether you want remote control options. I use a sony composite A/V switcher that you can buy for $30. Just plug the three component leads into the L-R and Composite video jacks (you must do this the same way for each item you want to switch). Run your output the same way to the tv,and push the button to switch components.

This is a passive switch, so bandwidth is not an issue.

Hope this helps.

Kevin Nolan

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks to all who repiled...I found what I was looking for through your posts, the "Inline" unit is all I need!:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks