Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Yamaha DVD (s830) players

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 Yumbo

Yumbo

Screenwriter

• 2,243 posts

Posted May 01 2003 - 12:40 PM

I have the new Yamaha catalogue, and it omits the CX-1 (the C740 is the progressive changer replacement, but no DVD-A) as expected.

It now features the s830 (DVD-A, progressive) - is this the equivalent of the RP-82? it has a screensaver apparently; would this be a Yamaha addition, or proof that it is not Panasonic based?

anyone have this?
price, reviews?

there is the non-DVD-A s540 model.

I assume the s840, and s2400 to be next!

ps. given that all the other amps have newer features, I would expect the Z1 to be replaced soon/next (with Z1000?).

thanks

#2 of 2 Mike Veroukis

Mike Veroukis

Second Unit

• 454 posts

Posted May 02 2003 - 04:11 PM

Are all Yamaha DVD players Panasonic based? Of course it's not the sort of thing Yamaha would post on their web site, so is there an "unofficial" list of the Yamaha DVD players and their Panni equivalents? If not, maybe we should start one! Posted Image

I'm curious as to which are the Yammie equivalents of the RP91, F85 and S55 (if there are equivalents).

Also, are the Yammies enhanced in any way (other then cosmetically?)

- Mike
every artist is a cannibal, every poet is a thief
all kill their inspiration and sing about their grief! - The Fly, U2