Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

THX optimizer - Onkyo NR900 7.1 setup - need advice

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Koren T. Wolf

Koren T. Wolf

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted April 30 2003 - 03:54 PM

I don't know if anyone has run into this problem, but i thought i'd ask, and see if anyone could provide some help. I am running an Onkyo NR900 and Sony DVD player (DVP-NS400D) with an optical cable connecting them. I am 99.9% sure i have the Onkyo configured properly for 7.1 (i don't have problems running the Onkyo tests or playing music in All Channel stereo). The problem arises when i try to run the THX optimizer from the Star Wars DVDs - the 7.1 is all screwed up. the surround channels come out at the surrounds and surround back and the surround back channels come out through the centre channel. I am wondering if it is because the DVD player needs a 7.1 channel decoder built in (i.e. it's not THX certified), or does it have something to do with the Onkyo? Do i need a THX certified DVD player to get 7.1 discrete channels for the THX optimizer on the Star Wars DVDs to play correctly? any help is appreciated. cheers.

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Adil M

Adil M

Supporting Actor

• 922 posts

Posted May 01 2003 - 05:31 AM

Actually, Koren our demo where I work is all screwed up. I hooked it up correctly and the surrounds come out the fronts and the volume level only affects certain speakers. I deemed it a piece of defective crap and since we never sell it I left it in it's place. I find it curious that you are having the similar symptoms. I rec'd you call Onkyo and find out what the deal is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users