What's new

SVS is on the way (1 Viewer)

Rikk B

Grip
Thanks for everyone that led me to the SVS sub purchase. My question now is what is the best disk to use for setting up the 5.1 speaker setup? Is it the AVIA disk or something else?

Thanks

ChuckRG

Agent
I too have some new subs on the way ( a pair of B4+'s).

I know there is a place on Avia to set the correct phase of the sub(s) with the mains but can't remember which one to use (warble tones, pink noise, ??)

Any help would be appreciated.

ChuckRG

Agent
Ignore my previous post...I found the answer a few threads down as someone else was asking the same question.:D

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Ah Chuck. Are you wanting to have some bass there dude? Two B4+'s!! :eek:

You are going to be able to knock the rolling bassheads off the street with that set up. And they are going to be 6 blocks away when this happens.

I hope you have earthquake insurance.

Parker

Adam Horak

Stunt Coordinator
Wow chuck. a pair of b4+'s. if we dont see you around the board for a couple weeks I will just asuume that your head imploded after cranking those babys up a little bit.

Eric C D

Second Unit
I had a vision: Chuck sets everything up, turns it up to ref plus 3 (just because!), and decides to start with the THX "glass ball" trailer... All the windows in his house follow suit.

Final fade out is an image of him standing in the middle of his room, broken glass in his hair, and a dopey smile on his face.

ChuckRG

Agent
Why two B4's?

Why one B4? It's all about performance. The B2 has two drivers, The B4 has four and two B4's have eight. Each increase provides reduced cone excursion for the same SPL which translates to better sound. Furthermore, two subs provides the ability to optimally place them to provide the smoothest frequency response.

John Doran

Screenwriter
you'll get no argument from me; if i didn't need to upgrade other parts of my HT first, i would have picked up a 2nd b4+, too.

actually, i probably would just have paid tom v to R&D and build me the mother of all subs - i would have called it the SVS "Ragnarok".

again - congrats, chuck. for real.

- jd

jeff_coil

Stunt Coordinator
Furthermore, two subs provides the ability to optimally place them to provide the smoothest frequency response.
Interesting you should mention that I will be getting my second 20-39pc+ shortly and was hoping I could flatten out some of the room effects I guess I was think correctly for once:)

2 B4's that is sick......wish it was me

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Chuck:

I am just amazed that you are picking up a pair of these puppies. At 190 lbs each you are going to need some serious help with getting them moved around.

Most of us are very jealous of you not only getting one B4+ but two. Awesome. You are definitely going to have to post some pictures of your set up and post your findings about the performance.

Congrats!

Parker

ChuckRG

Agent
Actually, the Dunlavy subs I just sold weighed 300 pounds each and the mains (that I need to move to get the subs in place) weigh 550 pounds each. These will be light weight.

The real trick will be getting them down the stairs in a controlled fashion so they do not create an additional entrance to my theater on their own !!

If I did not already own the two Stryke subs, I would have actually ordered four of the B4's---now THAT is sick !!

If these things are only half as good as I hope they are, I will be pleased !!!

I will indeed provide pictures of the subs, and also some measurements (from some impulse measurements and FFT'd to frequency response) both before room correction and after.

What an insane hobby !!!:D

Mike_J_D

Stunt Coordinator
Wow I'm jealous. But you have also made me very curious. What are you running for mains? Well what are you runnung period? 550lbs mains.....WOW. Since you had Dunlavy subs I would assume you also have Dunlavy fronts. But I could easy be wrong. But WOW 2 B4's. Still can't believe that.

ChuckRG

Agent
I do have Dunlavy mains (SC-VI's) and am using Dunlavy SC-IV-A's for surrounds and the Dunlavy HRCC Center Channel.

Eric CD--actually I was thinking about starting with the depth charge scene from U571. If my home is still standing after that, then I guess all will be well.

John Doran

Screenwriter
dunlavy sc-iv/a's for surrounds?????

i've just sat here sitting staring at the screen for a while. i am speechless.

Eric C D

Second Unit
ChuckRG said:
actually I was thinking about starting with the depth charge scene from U571. If my home is still standing after that, then I guess all will be well.
Just don't lean against the bulkhead, errr, wall. (I think the line goes, "it could snap your spine") :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks