Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Best price for SPEED RACER?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Robert Floto

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor

• 739 posts

Posted April 30 2003 - 10:42 AM

I have a problem... I wanted to pick up a copy of Speed Racer for each of my two nephews. They are car freaks, and at just the right ages to love this series like I did when I was that young. I saw that DeepDiscountDVD.com had it for $12.22 so I ordered a couple of copies to take with me when I fly from L.A. to Pennsylvania to see them on May 20th. It usually takes quite a while to receive my orders from DeepDiscount, but I figured I had plenty of time...

Well, I have now been informed that Speed Racer is on back order, but they think it will ship on May 12th!! There's no way I will receive it in time to take with me on my trip, so I need the best place to purchase these discs (online or B&M) for a decent price (as my trip is costing me enough as it is).

Help!!!

Also, sorry to print my whole long story...but it feels good to get it all out...whew. :b
Movies I would purchase instantly if they were available in their correct aspect ratio:
Death Trap, Innocent Blood, The Shadow, and Remo Williams

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Jeff Meyers

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor

• 605 posts

Posted April 30 2003 - 03:33 PM

I picked up Speed Racer last week at Costco (Corona, CA) for $14.99. They had plenty of copies in stock.

FYI - Cool outet jacket / sleeve made of rubber formed like tire tread.

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Jon_Welker

Jon_Welker

Second Unit

• 404 posts

Posted May 01 2003 - 01:55 AM

Picked mine up at Target for $14.99. I would say spend an extra 2 bucks and visit CostCo or Target.
DJ_JonnyV

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   John Millers

John Millers

Stunt Coordinator

• 66 posts

Posted May 01 2003 - 04:21 AM

$12.98 at my local Walmart
"He who laughs last....thinks the slowest."

"I haven't lost my mind. I backed it up on the network, but the server is down."

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Robert Floto

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor

• 739 posts

Posted May 01 2003 - 05:08 AM

Thanks everyone! My Best Buy has it for $14.99 as well (though they are sold out). I'll give Walmart a shot, otherwise I'll hit Target.

Thanks again!
Movies I would purchase instantly if they were available in their correct aspect ratio:
Death Trap, Innocent Blood, The Shadow, and Remo Williams

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen

Producer

• 4,046 posts

Posted May 01 2003 - 06:47 AM

I STILL haven't been able to find this anywhere in my area, except for the stores that sell at full-price (Virgin & Suncoast). There seems to be some sort of distribution problem on this title here.
Home video oddities, old commercials and other junk: http://www.youtube.com/user/eyeh8nbc

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   alan halvorson

alan halvorson

Screenwriter

• 2,021 posts

Posted May 03 2003 - 12:57 AM

I believe it was $12.99 at my local Best Buy on Friday, with plenty of copies.
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Patrick_S

Patrick_S

Producer

• 3,043 posts

Posted May 03 2003 - 03:36 AM

Quote:
I STILL haven't been able to find this anywhere in my area, except for the stores that sell at full-price
That's strange, I saw at both the Frys and Best Buy in your area. I guess they sold out quickly and haven't gotten any restocks.