Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

Recommendation for 6 channel pre?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Amir

• 39 posts

Posted April 30 2003 - 09:18 AM

No bells and whistles required. Just a remote. I am looking for the best transparent sound. Used would be great. I do not need dplII, dts or digital processing. Just great analog! I will use my dvd/cd/sacd for the decoding. Thanks in advance. Amir

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   John Kotches

John Kotches

• 2,636 posts

Posted April 30 2003 - 10:11 AM

Amir, There aren't that many options. However: McCormack Audio Bel Canto Accuphase All make analog 6-channel preamps. Sony used to make one, the TA-P9000ES (I think that was the part #). If you don't mind the industrial look, the EMM Labs Switchman-2 is about as transparent as they come. When last I spoke with Ed Meitner, they were working on a more consumer oriented piece than the Switchman. The Meitner preamp is used in many a high-end multi-channel demonstration, including Halcro. Regards,
Surround Music Enthusiast / Curmudgeon in Training
Opinions are my own, not representative of the publication I write for.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Rachael B

Rachael B

• 4,648 posts
  • LocationKnocksville, TN

Posted April 30 2003 - 01:24 PM

Take a look around for a used Marantz AV9000. It's the Elitest Bastard's choice or was... Posted Image It comes with a superb remote too.
Rachael, the big disc cat is in real life Dot Mongur, Champion of the International Pacman Federation. You better be ready to rumble if you play Jr. Pacman with me. This is full contact Pacman and I don't just play the game, I operate it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users