What's new

Where can I buy the Criterion Hearts and Minds dvd? (1 Viewer)

Aaron Cohen

Second Unit
I have been looking for this dvd forever. I know I can order it from many online retailers but have never gotten around to doing that. I prefer to just buy it in person. I finally decided to try and order it somewhere but I am leaving college in a couple days and unsure where my next address is going to be and do not want to go through the hassle of trying to order it now. I suppose I could just wait but I've been trying to find this dvd in a store since this past June when it was released! My nearby MediaPlay carries all Criterion dvd releases (at retail price though) EXCEPT FOR THAT ONE! They've gotten every release in since Criterion's "Insomnia" except for that one.... My Best Buy rarely gets Criterions and did not get it in and obviously Wal-Mart, Target, Etc did not get it in either. I checked Suncoast to no avail, FYE, used dvd stores, etc. and have never found it.

Has anyone been able to purchase this dvd from a retail store? If so, let me know which one. Is this a dvd stores do not want to carry for political reasons?

I'm just confused why I'm having such a hard time finding this dvd at any retail store and why there computers show that it doesn't exist when I know that it does...

Aaron Cohen

Second Unit
Just to add information to this, I'm in Charlotte, NC so if any of you live anywhere near here (within a couple hours drive) let me know if you know a store anywhere nearby that has this dvd in stock. My roommates really wanted to see this dvd and I am leaving in a few days and will not see them for a long time. Please let me know if you know a retail store that has it or if you are a dealer that lives in the area I can come pick it up from. Thanks!

Brian PB

Supporting Actor
I would try Barnes and Noble or Borders. They both tend to carry a fair number of Criterion releases.

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
If you don't want to go with an e-tailer, certainly Borders or Barnes & Noble will order it for you, if they don't have it in stock.

If you have a Border's near you, you can check local inventory online at:

www.bordersstores.com

If they have it in stock, you can have your local store reserve it until you arrive, online. If they don't have it in stock, you can have it ordered for in-store pickup.

-Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks