What's new

Will this speaker arrangment work? (picture) (1 Viewer)

JedW

Agent
I want to get a 6.1 reciever, but I was wondering if 6.1 will work for my situation. If it will work would you recommend 1 or 2 rear speakers. The diagram shows the speakers in red and the rear speakers in green(6.1) or blue(7.1). If the "blue" option will work, does the placement look about right? I am planning on using bipole speakers on the sides and on the back as well. Is that a good idea?
(not included in the diagram, but in the set up are a center channel and a sub)

JedW

Agent
Thank you for your reply, but I don't need a speaker stand. They can all be wall mounted about 2.5 ft above earlevel. The position of the blue speakers was just a quick approximate placement. How about answers to the rest of my questions? Any comments/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I think that the point Myo was trying to make is that your wall mounted speakers might not be in an ideal position given your seating arrangement.

If this is how you need to mount your speakers, make sure that you use an SPL meter (from your seating area) to calibrate your system. This will insure that you get well-balanced sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks