Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Sony Grand Wega 60" XBR 800

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Steve Winkler

Steve Winkler

Stunt Coordinator

• 180 posts

Posted April 29 2003 - 08:23 AM

A close friend of mine just purchased this set and we got it set up yesterday. Aside from not having real great black levels this TV seems very nice. Very good, crisp picture, outstanding colors with 480P sources (dth sat is OK). Supplied remote's buttons are too small but it sure feels good in your hand. No real concern as he bought Sony's touch screen universal remote. Curious to know if there are any tweaks out for this unit yet?? Any settings a guy should know about?? He has it set on standard or mild for video settings now, Pro was a little too dark for daylight viewing.

Thanks for any info.

Steve
" What's the Soup Du Jour? " "That's the soup of the day." "MMM.. that sounds good, I think I'll have that."

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Michael TLV

Michael TLV

Screenwriter

• 2,909 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted April 29 2003 - 08:30 AM

Greetings

You have access to the colour decoder parameters to get rid of red push. There is an extensive set of GW tweaks at AVS .... try there first.

Regards
Michael @ The Laser Video Experience
THX Video Systems Instructor/ISF Instructor
Lion A/V Consultants Network - TLVEXP.com

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Scott Barnhart

Scott Barnhart

Stunt Coordinator

• 204 posts

Posted April 29 2003 - 08:30 AM

Hi Steve,

If you go to http://www.avsforum.com and then go to the "Rear Projector" forum, then look for a (really long) thread called "UMR does GWII" (or something close to that), you will find more tweaks than you can possibly imagine for this TV, including a really nice PDF of suggested service-mode tweaks, etc.
Scott Barnhart

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Steve Winkler

Steve Winkler

Stunt Coordinator

• 180 posts

Posted April 29 2003 - 08:39 AM

Thanks Michael & Scott, I'll check it out.

Steve
" What's the Soup Du Jour? " "That's the soup of the day." "MMM.. that sounds good, I think I'll have that."