What's new

Smallville 4-29-03 (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Starting the thread early. Gotta love the add heard on the radio.... ' Yea, this is the one that's being talked about all over the internet...'

I don't need to see a Semi naked Clark, but this just made me laugh out loud :)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Not a bad episode, but the writers really have to be carefull about the super powers being used in front of villains who don't get killed.

I mean, whats to stop them from telling everyone Clarks secret? Pretty soon the more ruthless ones will begin to test this theory... I also found it strange that they focused in on that moss planted tree (?) at the burying scene. Maby the thing is going to mutate and come back as a monster enemy or something, heh.

Interesting to see where this Luthor Chloe thing is going to go. Either that, or they are looking to write her out of the show and decide to move her to Metropolis instead...

Next weeks ep looks rather interestnig.

Jon Torres

Second Unit
Always nice to see Clark get beat up once in a while. I didn't have to see him naked though. Oh, and Luthor must have something going on collecting meteor rocks. Lana's dad's wife saying there wasn't anything going on, come on. Who kisses their divorce lawyers? Yeah right.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I think Henry would have been better off without his bitch of a wife. There marriage is having problems, so instead fo trying to work things out, she tries to sneak around so she can blindside him with a divorce. Worse yet, she tells Lana the divorce is her fault.

Anyone know if we'll eventually see the rest of the Home Improvement actors on Smallville?

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Ok guys, we know you are hetero. Not everyone has to say, " I didnt need to see Clarks naked body".
It was a fit body that looked pretty in shape. Whats the problem?

I liked the episode. How many Home Improvement boys are they going to have on as villians?

When did Lionel get his site back? Did I miss something?
I just wish the guy would get a haircut.

Next week, Tim Allen plays Clarks evil wood shop teacher.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This episode was just off a bit.

Why would the souped up kids not tell what happened to them (Clark kicking their butts)? That seems to strain plausibility.

Didn't really care about Henry Smalls' marital problems.

Chloe getting in cahoots with Lionel seems forced as well. So much for journalistic integrity and objectivity.

Lex has to have a clue about Clark's exploits as well as his father does.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Why would the souped up kids not tell what happened to them (Clark kicking their butts)? That seems to strain plausibility.
Because then they would have to cop to attempted murder. as it is, they just got assault and armed robbery. No need to add charges that would likely double their prison time.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, that still means those kids know that Clark is "Unbreakable" and there is still some extortion angles to exploit later down the line. But all of these little events will make Clark more cautious about exposing his powers to people, and will eventually have him create his Superman identity to go along with his normal/secret identity of Clark Kent to protect those he cares about.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well the kids don't know that Clark's reaction was that much different from theirs until the end with the Heat vision, I assumed they thought Clark was on the stuff too.

I had an Idea it would be neat but I think would cause too big of a stir. What if Chloe got a position writing a column at the Daily Planet but because of her age writes it under the non De Plume of Lois Lane ! Many Years later she goes full time and sticks with the name. Sure it would wreck prior incarnations but theres been so many versions of the Supes Mythos Anyhow.

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor
Real Name
doug zdanivsky
Question: I've been pretty sporadic in my Smallville-watching, so I must have missed this one.. How does Lex's dad regain his eye-sight?

Thanks

Edit: Ahh.. didn't see that post.. I'll have to watch that one.. Sneaky! I always liked that guy.. :)

How many Home Improvement boys are they going to have on as villians?
I know one of them is a BC native, where Smallville is filmed.. Not sure which one. But that would stand to reason as to why..

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
Can't wait to see the youngest Home Improvement son and his real-life 50-some year-old wife guest star on next week's episode. Is it just me or is Chloe just PMS'ing her way through every show? I think this episode was much better than last week's, though there was an excessive amount of demonstrating powers without caution. BTW, I'm no physics major or anything, but can anyone explain how the truck in the beginning flipped forward? Perhaps I wasn't paying close enough attention though.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I had an Idea it would be neat but I think would cause too big of a stir. What if Chloe got a position writing a column at the Daily Planet but because of her age writes it under the non De Plume of Lois Lane ! Many Years later she goes full time and sticks with the name. Sure it would wreck prior incarnations but theres been so many versions of the Supes Mythos Anyhow.
I don't know if they'll do this, but they sure are making Chloe's character and ambitions out to be very much like Lois Lane. Of course, they could break from the mythos another way, and years later Chloe works for the Daily Planet and by then, maybe Lana has died and Chloe is the one who Clark has the affections for.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I'm no physics major or anything, but can anyone explain how the truck in the beginning flipped forward?
I'm not a physics major either, but there's some stuff on this show that drives me crazy!

I think the truck was supposed to flip forward because the super powered bad guys yanked on the lines like they were reeling in fish. This did not really bother me, as it was exaggerated physics. It did not bother me that the wires didn't break, or that the hooks in the truck panel was able to support the weight of the truck.

What did bother me was that, as strong as the two guys were, they weren't anchored yet somehow stayed their ground and did not get yanked along by the van.

Like the guy in Nocture who prevented a helicopter from lifting off by pulling it down from mid-air. What?

Then there's the fact that the bad guys can whack Clark with van doors, metal pipes, and whatnot and send him flying all over the place with injuries, but apparently, he can withstand being crushed with a cinder block. Huh?

Reminds me of the time his fake mother (Blair Brown) hit him with an axe that shatters into pieces. I know he's the man of steel, but where does a fifty year old woman have the strength to shatter an axe in the first place? Maybe she was his real mom after all.

As far as the ep goes, it's same old same old. The fact that the ones who saw Clark's abilities didn't die or become comatose just means they're comng back in a future ep. To die. Or become comatose.

I found amusement in the acting style battle at the Talon -- in this corner, we have Mrs. Small using the "never ever blink" technique versus Lana, using the "I'm tapping out a message in morse code with my eyelids" technique (also know as the "Neve" or the "Love Hewitt").

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Well Hanson, on the physics, how about Steve Austin, one bionic arm, but he can hold a metal rod in both hands and bend it, (why doesn't the non-bionic arm yield to the force of the rod being pushed by the other arm?). Also, what kinda got me ws Clark saying 'it hurt', unless he specifically was talking about the impact from the bad guys. Certainly just his falling against anything should not have hurt, since it doesn't seem to hurt him if he falls from a great height.

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Chloe getting in cahoots with Lionel seems forced as well. So much for journalistic integrity and objectivity.
She never accepted his offer, but she never declined it either. We are left hanging. She may still see the conflict of interest and turn him down. We don't know. What we do know is that she's very skeptical and inquisitive about his motives.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
how about Steve Austin, one bionic arm, but he can hold a metal rod in both hands and bend it
When I was little and a big SMDM fan, I accepted the sasquatch robot, fembots, and that Sandy Duncan was an alien, but it bothered me that he was able to break free from handcuffs time and again without injuring his real arm.

Back to the subject, they haven't done it recently, but in the first season, whenever Clark would get mad at his dad, he would destroy valuable farm equipment.

Hey, that's coming out of your allowance.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
It makes sense the truck would have flipped if they snagged the front, but they snagged the back.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
:laugh: I chuckle at the physics of the show too. But I eventually got over it. The show makes no pretentions so I'm not going to call them out on it. Good points all around though.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
what kinda got me ws Clark saying 'it hurt', unless he specifically was talking about the impact from the bad guys.
You can sorta claim that being in proximity of these Kryptonite-powered guys dampens Clark's invulnerability temporarily. So it hurts when they hit, and still hurts when he lands.

//Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks