What's new

Sledge Hammer!!! (1 Viewer)

Dave Anderson

Second Unit
Sledge Hammer is a TV show that ran in the mid 80's for two seasons. It's easily one of the funniest shows ever created. Comparing it to Police Squad would not do justice to Sledge, as Sledge is vastly superior.

Anyway, I wanted to let everyone know the show now has an official site at www.sledgehammeronline.com. It's run by the show's creator, who I've been in contact with for the past several months. Originally I was working on a fan based site for the show, but considering how tight my time is these days, I was unable to complete it. Sledge Online is pretty cool, though. There's some good information about the show, Alan Spencer (the show's creator), as well as a message board for fans. The site is relatively new, so it's time to start spreading the word that there is now a place for Sledge fans to gather.

Sadly, no DVD releases are in the works for Sledge. However, Alan is in talks with studios in regards to possibly creating a Sledge movie (hopefully with the original cast, as I can't imagine it any other way). That's potentially great news for Sledge fans. The studios are researching his site, however, so it would be best if there were some Sledge fans on there 'beating their drums'.

Finally, if you aren't a Sledge fan, BECOME ONE! There were a few 'best of' VHS releases, all of which are available on ebay. Stay clear of bootlegs as they are often of extremely poor quality. I just picked up the entire show from Alan (via Ebay). It's VHS, but they are brand new, superior in quality over even the original broadcasts, and they're in Dolby Surround! I hate VHS, but this is the only way to get Sledge in his complete glory. Price is EXTREMELY expensive, but all proceeds go to charity, which is nice. These complete sets were supposed to be released by New World, but they went belly up before that happened. Alan managed to acquire some copies.

It's best to pick up the 'Best of...' if you haven't seen the show before. There was also a 'Best of...' laserdisc release, which I'll probably be selling shortly. It's the same as one of the VHS 'Best of...' releases.

Anyway, hope some of my fellow HTFers are fans of this great show.

Take care.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Wow, hehe, I remember that show. I think I saw every single episode, including the one where Sledge cut the wrong wire and caused the apocalypse
. Season 1 ended there.. I figured Season 2 would be some ultra cool Mad Max type thing... but no... it was just called 'The Early Years' or something like that.

David Rasche still makes appearances from time to time. I'm embarrassed to admit this, but he made a guest appearance on the late night show 'She Spies.' He's a great actor.

~j

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
quote...
"Trust me, I know what i'm doing."

:laugh:

I loved this show, too bad the miserable cans o' tuna cancelled it! Sorry, I was channeling Sledge! :D

A line that i've never forgotten from the show and never will...

Dorey,
"You look tired Sledge."

Sledge,
"Yeah, I was up late last night watching a comedy on the late movie."

Dorey,
"Oh yeah, what was it?

Sledge,
"The Deer Hunter"

:laugh:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i liked it but it wasnt as good as police squad for me.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I loved this show. I was young when I saw the series, but I remember the apocalypse episode being hilarious.

~T

Dave Barth

Stunt Coordinator
I was young when this show aired, but I recall it's hilarious. I wonder if I'd think so were I to see it again. I'd definitely pick up a DVD release to find out, that's for sure. Too bad one is not in the works.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Scott,

sure was. It was an episode spoofing Witness, I can't recall the name of the ep though. They also did an episode spoofing Dog Day Afternoon.

Funny stuff in both. :laugh:

EDIT: The names of these episodes are Witless and Dori Day Afternoon respectively.

I'm having a great time over at that site reading each episode synopsis! I only came back here to add this edit, i'm heading back now. :)

I've always wanted this series on dvd, and now I REALLY want them! I mean damn, even the SCREENSHOTS are making me laugh out loud! Especially the chalk outline of the murdered Elvis impersonator from the episode All Shook Up! :laugh:

Dave Anderson

Second Unit
Yeah, the screen shots over there are great. I too had a blast reading the synopsis. Like I said, I'm getting the entire series on legit VHS. I'll probably archive them onto DVD-R, but obviously I'd still prefer an actual DVD release with extras and what not.

The amish episode is on the 'Best Of...' tape, as is the Elvis episode and the pilot.

Dave Anderson

Second Unit
John,

See http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...323595644&rd=1 (Note to Admin: This is an already ended auction. This is not my auction. I'm simply responding to John's question.)

The quick and short of it: $275.00 w/Buy it Now. But hey, that's not too bad for two complete seasons with Dolby Stereo sound. All in SP mode too. These sets were supposed to be released by New World (as I noted earlier), but they went out of business before that happened. Alan acquired some and has been selling them on ebay. All proceeds go to local charities out in California, which is also nice.

He's been slowly selling these on ebay for the past several months. When he first started offering them, they would go as high as $1000+ (I kid you not, though most of the time it was several hundred dollars). I haven't been in contact with Alan in a few months. I just recently checked ebay and discovered he was offering them with Buy it Now, so I jumped on it. He has a handful of sets left, so I suspect there will be a few more auctions, but the remaining sets are quickly disappearing.

I probably won't get my sets for a few weeks as I just sent out payment. But I'll tell you this, never have I been so excited about getting something on home video. No VHS, DVD, or laserdisc release can compare. Heh heh. I will definitely be having a few Sledge marathons.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Shit, I think i'm going to have to pass, it's simply too steep for my finances at the moment.

Dave,

you are one lucky son of a gun! Call me green with envy dude. :)

BradG

Stunt Coordinator
Sledgehammer was a great show.

Here in Canada, it airs on ManTV every Saturday (2 episodes every week I believe) so we have been fortunate to be able to watch it.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I LOVED that show! Sledge reminded me of Tackleberry from Police Academy :D I loved it when he'd go to bed with his gun :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks