Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Young Indy coming in 2005 with tons of extras

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Lead Actor

• 7,632 posts

Posted April 29 2003 - 01:05 AM

http://www.theforce....dex.shtml#20717

SPY REPORT: Indy DVD Documentaries
Tue, Apr 29, 03 12:24:24 AM EDT

We love Star Wars more than anything else, but other Lucas franchises like Indy always get us excited. Up tonight are some rumors about the Young Indy franchise arriving on DVD. Weed supplies our info tonight from the inside:
LucasFilms plans to release the films in one big shot in 2005 so there are 4 teams of producer/researchers working with editors who are going to create ONE HUNDRED-TWENTY (120) separate mini-docs on the varied historical figures that were portrayed in the series. First up: Teddy Roosevelt. Being created and cut on the Ranch.
No word yet on the length of each of these but historians and experts are being interviewed all over the country to be cut into the historical footage and stills of each figure. FASCINATING that LucasFilm wants to educate as well as entertain!

This is fab news and with the news of at least 120 mini docs, would be an awesome set

Posted Image
Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   SteveGon

SteveGon

Executive Producer

• 12,267 posts

Posted April 29 2003 - 02:08 AM

Sounds cool! Too bad we have to wait so long...

Posted Image

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   John Berggren

John Berggren

Producer

• 3,245 posts

Posted April 29 2003 - 02:51 AM

That is a long wait, but it's exciting. I've never seen a single Young Indy, and I'm itching to try.

Were these made in 16x9? Or was it way to early for that? I'll be happy if they are 1.33, but Indy seems to call out for a wider ratio.
Support the fight against Multiple Sclerosis as I ride in the 2007 MS 150 in New Bern this September.

Be a Widescreen Advocate

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

• 1,516 posts

Posted April 29 2003 - 03:41 AM

I really loved watching young indy when it aired. This will be a real treat when it finally is released. I wonder what format they will use for the dvd's will it be broadcast episode form OR will they use the re-edits they did for the vhs combining episodes to form like 20 something full length movies.

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   CraigL

CraigL

Screenwriter

• 1,863 posts

Posted April 29 2003 - 04:49 AM

It was 1.33:1.

And it'll be the re-edited versions.

Theforce.net is known for really $hitty rumors...most recently the IJ rumors.

#6 of 10 ONLINE   Neil S. Bulk

Neil S. Bulk

Screenwriter

• 1,256 posts

Posted April 29 2003 - 05:50 AM

Some of those re-edits are horrible. Sean Patrick Flannery sometimes wearss the most ridiculous make-up so that he can bridge 2 episodes together.

And keep in mind, it was always Lucas' dream to have these movies work as an educational tool. This news/rumor is not surprising at all. He's been taling about this sort of thing for years.

Neil

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted April 29 2003 - 06:23 AM

Honestly, TheForce.net is posting six-month-old news! Posted Image

Video Business: What is the latest word on Indiana Jones 4, and will you be involved in all the DVD versions of those movies and the TV shows?

Rick McCallum: I think [Indiana Jones 4] will be 2005. We're going ahead with the Young Indiana Jones DVDs; we are so committed to those. Even though the series wasn't a major hit here, it was a huge hit in the rest of the world. It's such a great opportunity, because what we're going to try to do is produce historical documentaries about each of the historical characters. It's a way of giving it to a school and saying, "Look, we know how hard it is to teach children. Try and use this as a tool. Let them see something that is fun for them and easy for them to watch." Hopefully, they can pick something that they can start to learn and watch another documentaries about the person and start to see them in the historical time.

We're having really great, great speakers talk about the time, what it means to fall in love--one episode featured Indiana learning how to make love with Mata Hari, slowly. And, you know, what it's like to be a spy, what it was like to be a woman at that time, what does it mean to make love and how does that affect social and historical issues.

It will probably take three or four years to get it done. We're hiring some really great documentary filmmakers.

DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   Barry Woodward

Barry Woodward

Second Unit

• 362 posts

Posted April 29 2003 - 06:44 AM

They're going to have a documentary on how to make love? :b

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   Larry P

Larry P

Stunt Coordinator

• 187 posts

Posted April 29 2003 - 08:21 AM

Quote:
We're having really great, great speakers talk about the time, what it means to fall in love--one episode featured Indiana learning how to make love with Mata Hari, slowly. And, you know, what it's like to be a spy, what it was like to be a woman at that time, what does it mean to make love and how does that affect social and historical issues.

I too want to know how to make love and what it's like.

Anyway, I agree that these discs would be a great way to get children interested in historical figures. Basically, the series was about different historical figures and events, with Indiana Jones being the viewers window into those events. Hopefully the Indiana Jones brand name will get children interested and then they can discover along with him, these historical figures and events in the films and further explore them in greater detail in these added documentaries. I hope this comes to pass.

But undoubtedly the most important episode will be what it's like to make love to a woman as beautiful as the young Elizabeth Hurley, heheh.

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   JohnS

JohnS

Producer

• 4,605 posts

Posted April 29 2003 - 08:57 AM

Quote:
, what it means to fall in love--one episode featured Indiana learning how to make love with Mata Hari, slowly. And, you know, what it's like to be a spy, what it was like to be a woman at that time, what does it mean to make love and how does that affect social and historical issues.

HEY...HEY!

"no time for love Dr. Jones.!"Posted Image

all-banner.jpg

Forum Nav Content I Follow