What's new

Quick question about RPTV's (1 Viewer)

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
Which RPTV's allow each input to be calibrated independently?

Also which RPTV's has 1 button access to each input, I dont want to have to scroll thru each input?

Earle

TimWalsh

Auditioning
Hitachi's inputs can be accessed on demand via 5 separate video buttons and one Ant button which toggles A/B on the remote. Calibration as I understand it is done via input for component, dvi, composite etc.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Very few RPTV's permit specific grayscale calibration by input. It is usually by signal type ... not by input. 480i / 480p / 1080i / 720p This is about it at best.

There really is no set out there that allows specific calibration on one particular input plug. So if the TV had 10 video inputs, you could do 10 specific calibrations. Sorry. Does not exist.

Pioneers can sort of do it, but not intentionally. You essentially reassign the various modes like std, theater ref, news ... etc to match a certain signal type like composite video or S-video or ... etc. Then you manually select std everytime you watch via the S-video signal.

So if your TV has 10 s-video plugs ... you don't get 10 separate set ups. Just one. Whether on video one or video 9 ... the S-video signal is supposed to look the same.

REgards

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
Michael and others

Thanks for the info. Im a newbie to the video side of HT. What are your thoughts on the Panasonic 53" and the Hitachi RPTV's?

earle

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks