What's new

24: Season 2 - Hour 21 - 4/29/03 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
4 a.m. to 5 a.m.

Okay, we're in the home stretch.

Mike's duplicity is in full swing. The VP is going for the jugular to wrestle Palmer's Presidency away from him.

Can Jack get the chip from the redneck in Kate's house in time?

Will Lynn live?

Where is Sherrie?

Where is Nina?

Where is Kim? (Okay, no more mountain lion sightings, please :) )

Will Chappelle boot Tony to the curb if Tony keeps on playing on Jack's side?

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
How could Sherrie really pull off something as huge as replacing a President of the United States? I mean, that would be stretching it about too thin even for this 24 fan! I was hoping to see a Name somewhere along the way, like Dennis Hopper last season, to be behind the whole thing.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Warning: big spoilers for tonight's ep follow...
40 minutes of padding, and five minutes of decent material at the end. The way Lady McP entered makes me suspect she really is on Palmer's side afterall (no doubt Alex was her original contact). Nice to see a couple of old faces return. But surely they could have interviewed guards & got video footage of the corridor to show that Palmer had been interviewing Stanton for those 10mins? And I was surprised/annoyed that Palmer didn't add 2+2 and confront Mike about what happened to Lynn. Meanwhile, the chip got fried afterall (anyone surprised?).

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Cliffhanger BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and the commercial for tonight's ep contains material not in the episode:

Kim is in no position to shoot anyone,as she spends the entire ep in a cop car, and fortunately has only about 90 seconds of screen time

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Jeff-

I believe the commercial was more of one for the last 4 episodes than for this specific episode. It tried to say "miss any of these and you will regret it."

Jay W

Supporting Actor
PhilipG, I saw tonight's episode too and agree with you.

(BIG SPOILERS FOLLOW)

Definately, the last 10-15 minutes ranks up there with some of the best of the season. No surprise at all that the chip was going to get destroyed after last week's preview - in fact I am surprised they played with trying to recover it for so long (felt like padding!). Everything is in peril now, interesting to see how this wraps up and if Nina does in fact play a part in this season's finale.

I didn't really have any problem with the video footage being lost, given the big picture of how so many things have been manipulated, this is just a minor detail and I can take it in the context of other somewhat questionable stuff that's been happening :). Sherry entering at the end was a corker!, I knew she'd be involved but that was a nice cliffhanger.

John Watson

Screenwriter
Was just watching the last ep of the first season, and Nina syas to Jack, don't kill me or you won't know who I work for.

Was that significant to this season?

I also doubt Sherrie could be a great mastermind, she's a small bit manipulator, doesn't see further than the end of her own nose,,,

Joel C

Screenwriter
I thought this whole episode was pretty great. The cabinet vote was very tense, and I loved the ending, though it is probably a fake-out.

Jeffrey_Scotts

Stunt Coordinator
I can't believe how bad the writing has gotten on this show. Are they even trying to base it anywhere close to reality? Come on and give those of us with a brain a little more credit!

First, having the President's cabinate turn against him and vote for his resignation is highly unlikly. They are appointed by him personally and are HIS own people, not the VP or anyone else. So, since he hand picked them and knows them, this is totally baseless. In real life you could do just about ANYTHING and not even get a second thought to replacement. The more than likely scenario would be the person(s) talking about it would be reported to the President and removed.

Second, it would be the House and Senate the vote would be put to, NOT their cabinate. If it was an emergency, they would call for an "emergency" session. Also, if need be and it was a quick vote, the leaders of those institutes would vote if everyone wasn't available quick enough.

Please writers go back to school and take some history or government 101 and try to pretend you know what you're doing. Otherwise, it looses credit quickly for those of us a little more savy.

:thumbsdown:

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Tom,

Holy crap man. Never would have thought of that. That would make things pretty damn interesting.

Wow, I love 24... what a great show!
Too bad I never thought to check this space for people to talk to about it before (first & second season).

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
As an addendum to the "The cabinet couldn't remove a president from office" thing, it has made me curious as to if this really is possible or not (thought my like or dislike of the show does not depend on it). Clearly they were not impeaching him (this would obviously need to entail congress). He was being removed on the basis that he was acting irrationally under an intense situation. I can accept this. First of all, let us assume that the VP really only saw the part of the tape that was shown in this episode. Even if those were people loyal to the president, it would make you think that he had a few screws loose. Coupled with the fact that you believe that he is making a decision that will kill many people (again, I am playing devil's advcate here), I can accept how the cabinet voted.

As a bit of history, the Cabinet is not mentioned anywhere in our founding documents. It was founded by President Washington but is mentioned nowhere in the Constitution. The Role of the cabinet is unclear from president to president, and its role has changed somewhat throughout our history. Given its absence from the Constituion and the Bill of rights, I can accept that what happened in this episode, though unlikely, is perfectly possible.

Either way, the merits of 24 are not discredited and this show kicks ass ;)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Tony, amazing memory. My memory thought she'd been whipped (in prison, I imagine). You sure?

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
Will_B (I think you mean me)-

I am positive that was a scar. The camera very clearly lingered over that scar. It was the only one on her back. One could pass it of as a "whipping," but I doubt it. I am 99% certain that Nina has a chip in her back.

One thing that the first season taught me was that there were little clues sprinkled along the way that had their payoff when all was known. I feel that these clues have been sprinkled throughout this season. I really hope that I am right :)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Yep, I mean you Almeda - err, Rags.

Amazing idea. Maybe this season will have replay value after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks