-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Everwood 4/28/03

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,659 posts

Posted April 28 2003 - 10:47 PM

An almost Colin-free Everwood episode:

The actor, Michael Corwin, who plays Colin has been signed for some other pilot, so the odds of him sticking around Everwood next season are slim. They already started writing him out of Everwood with his belligerent behavior last episode.

The whole statutory rape scenario came out of nowhere between Kate and the piano teacher.

So, was Ephram the better piano player than Kate? Ephram will never know.

I liked the UFO subplot, and how Amy and Edna got to spend (begrudingly) some quality time. Harold's eyerolling at Doc Brown's cases make me chuckle, they have a good dynamic going on. That lumberjack's wife was beating the tar out of the lumberjack.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#2 of 3 Chad R

Chad R

Screenwriter

• 2,174 posts

Posted April 29 2003 - 05:02 AM

The whole statutory rape scenario came out of nowhere between Kate and the piano teacher.

Unfortuenately it didn't. Not the freshest angle to take I'm afraid.

I'm really glad that they decided to have Edna take more of a role with her grandchildren. I know her and Dr. Abbott have issues, but that didn't preclude Amy from seeking her out. Amy needs an adult foil and Edna is a great one.

Colin was probably absent this week (and next) because he was SHOOTING said pilot. I'm sure he'll return to wrap up his storyline or be left open ended enough to bring him back if the network doesn't pick up the new show (which is still a possibility).

#3 of 3 Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,077 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted April 29 2003 - 08:21 AM

Quote:
Colin was probably absent this week (and next) because he was SHOOTING said pilot.
Well I don't know about this week, but according to the episode summary, he WILL be in next week's episode:
Dr. Brown faces one of the toughest moral decisions of his career when a distraught pregnant teenager (guest star Kate Mara) and her father (guest star Kevin Tighe) come to him for guidance about terminating her pregnancy. Meanwhile, Ephram is humiliated in front of the entire school when his date for the Spring Formal ditches him at the dance to make-out with her boyfriend. Lastly, Amy and Colin (Mike Erwin) have a huge fight when she chooses to console Ephram against Colin's wishes.

Also, it would be really shoddy writing to have Colin survive even after he's obviously unravelling. We'll see.