What's new

some simple questions about denon 1802 (1 Viewer)

Cagri

Second Unit
Well, I ddidn't want to start a thread for the following questions, but got no replies in my previous thread,topic of which was different.

I just got my 1802 and I am very happy with it, except the manual. The manual tells about 'tone defeat' function. When the tone defeat is on, does that mean the signal is pure analog ? The sub is still receiving signal though.Or is there another 'direct' mode in the menu of the 1802 somewhere?

My second question is, is there any input level adjustment for analog sources in 1802's menu? If not, does the receiver adjust the input signal level automatically?
TIA.

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
I don't know specifically about the 1802, but I have a 3803 and it has some of the same features. The tone defeat only bypasses tone controls (bass and treble). It still does everything else like normal. I don't think the 1802 has any other direct modes. My guess is that in the 1802 the signal, even if from an analog input, gets converted to digital, runs through bass management, then goes back to analog. In higer models there is a Direct mode. In Direct mode the incoming signal is split and the original signal goes to the main speakers, and a 2nd goes to bass management. It also shuts off video circuits. Then my 3803 has a Pure Direct mode which also shuts off all digital circuits and even the front display to reduce distortion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks