-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Setting Delays in receiver AND DVD?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Aaron Baker

Aaron Baker

Extra

• 17 posts

Posted April 28 2003 - 03:06 PM

Hello,
I placed this in another area but thought I would get a few more responses over hear.
I am running a pioneer 45TX and Pioneer dv47Ai. As you know you can set speaker distances in both the Receiver and DVD player. Should this be done or should I just put the DVD player down to the shortest distance it will go and put the real or remaining distance in the receiver? I am worried about over delaying the signal with 2 settings.
ThanksPosted Image

#2 of 4 Jonathan M

Jonathan M

Second Unit

• 267 posts

Posted April 29 2003 - 09:38 AM

Are you using a digital connection from the DVD player to the receiver, and have you set the DVD player to output the digital bitstream? If so, then the settings on the DVD player won't be doing anything, so no need to worry.
"Price and quality are not correlated"

DIY Home Theatre

#3 of 4 Aaron Baker

Aaron Baker

Extra

• 17 posts

Posted April 29 2003 - 09:47 AM

Yes, actually i have both the digital coax and the multi channel outs connected. Its used for dvda, sacd, and dvd etc.

#4 of 4 Jonathan M

Jonathan M

Second Unit

• 267 posts

Posted April 29 2003 - 11:40 AM

The delays in the DVD player will not effect the digital outs. Similarly the delays in the receiver will not effect the analog inputs. Thus, set the delays to the same in both player and receiver and have the best of all worlds.
"Price and quality are not correlated"

DIY Home Theatre