Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

My scanner is not working, help!?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Keith_R

Keith_R

Screenwriter

• 1,179 posts

Posted April 28 2003 - 09:43 AM

well, not my scanner but my Mom's. She is running a G3 with Mac OS 9. The scanner is plugged in via SCSI which unfortunately is her only option. The problem is that the scanner is giving a error message saying "Scanner not found, please check all connections". I've checked and all the connections are fine. I've also reinstalled the software/drivers and still no luck. Any suggestions as to what I could do?thanks.
-Keith-       

#2 of 3 Brian E

Brian E

Screenwriter

• 1,636 posts

Posted April 28 2003 - 04:21 PM

Does it power up ok? Lamp works?

Could try a different SCSI cable if you have access to one.

Any other SCSI devices hooked up in the chain? Any others that can be tried to rule out the SCSI card itself?

A few ideas anyway.
~Brian

#3 of 3 Kevin P

Kevin P

Screenwriter

• 1,444 posts

Posted April 29 2003 - 08:03 AM

Is the SCSI chain properly terminated? If the scanner is the only device on the chain, then it would need to be terminated. In some cases you plug a terminator into the 2nd SCSI jack on the scanner, or you flip a switch on the scanner. If it's not the last device on the chain then the scanner should not be terminated; the last device should be.

KJP