What's new

Integra Research RDA-7 amp, need advice (1 Viewer)

Seth V

Stunt Coordinator
I am seriously considering an Integra Research/Balanced Audio Technology RDA-7 multichannel amp. What do you all think of this amp?

Paul Donovan

Auditioning
I have had one for almost a year. Excellent build quality and sound. 112 pounds. Doesn't get very hot. Sold two Citation 7.1s to purchase it. Ironically, I purchased it because I was buying the matching processor RAC-7 but due to the inflexible bass management I ended up with an MC-1. Now that the IR has been modified, I am thinking of trading in the Lexicon for the IR.

Seth V

Stunt Coordinator
Paul,

First, I want to say thanks for your promp reply, as I need to make a decision within 2 days. I recently had my dealer order me an IR RDC-7 controller(UPG-2), and was thinking that the IR RDA-7 amp would be a great match. My RDC-7 controller hasn't shipped out yet, so if I decide to go for the amp, it would be very nice to have them both arrive at the same time.

How would you describe the sonic's of this amp? I have a complete Martin Logan setup, do you think the RDC-7 and RDA-7 combo will complement my Logans?

SV

Sihan Goi

Second Unit
I don't own one, but it looks pretty good for its price, certainly worth considering if you're getting the matching RDC-7. Also note that BAT had a hand in designing this amp. It sure ain't a VK-6200 for sure, but it should still be pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks