What's new

Need Help Finding A TV Remote (1 Viewer)

Bill Will

Screenwriter
What I'm looking for is a "SIMPLE" remote control for a tv & cable box that only has a:

Power Button (ON/OFF)
Number Buttons (To change Channels)
Channel UP/DOWN Buttons
Volume UP/DOWN Buttons
Mute Button
And a Previous Channel Return Button would be ok too.

I have found a few "SIMPLE" remotes but none of them come with number buttons to change the channels. Thanks for any help.

Vin

Supporting Actor
Bill,

I have this remote in my kitchen. It's a universal (non-learning) remote that I use for my Panasonic TV, Panasonic VCR and Hughes satellite reciever (via a remote extender).

It's simple to use, works great and the price is right.....highly recommended.

Vin

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Vin, yes that looks like a nice remote but from the picture I can't tell if it has a "MENU" button or not. What I'm looking for is a simple remote that I can give to people to use for the tv but I don't want them to be able to access the menus system that way none of my picture & sound settings can be changed. Think friend's, babysitters & etc.

I have found them but without the number buttons for changing channels & it's a pain to have a remote that you have to cycle through all the channels with.

Vin

Supporting Actor
It does have a menu button but pressing menu actually brings up the channel guide for my satellite receiver, not a set-up menu, so no harm can be done.....I would imagine it would do the same for your cable box. And being that it has volume punch through, the volume of the TV can still be controlled while in cable mode.

Anyway, I understand where you're coming from so this remote may still not be as basic as you're hoping for. It might be worth checking out though at your local RS.

Good luck,
Vin

Bill Will

Screenwriter
If you set the remote to control a tv by pushing the "TV" Button first & then the "MENU" Button it doesn't bring up the tv's menu? That's hard to believe. I can understand it bringing up the SAT or CATV menus when the remote was set to control those.

My next thought was to just buy a cheap remote & cut off the buttons that I din't want but still some people might still want to play around & stick a pencil in the hole to see what happened. :D Anybody else have any ideas?

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Vin, you hit the nail on the head THANKS! I had checked RS site for remotes but the printing on the picture of the remote was so small that I could'nt read it & I alway thought that remote had a "Menu" button on it. Note to RS make your remote pictures BIGGER so the buttons can be read.
I called my local RS & they din't have any in stock so they checked for me & called me back & no menu button so they just ordered one for me. Thanks Again for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks