Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

rp56 just did now what?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   rodney wiley

rodney wiley

Second Unit

• 310 posts

Posted April 27 2003 - 05:04 AM

Well my rp56 just died within a year. The famous h02 error code. Im now looking for a new player that will eventually be played through some type of doubler into a sony crt front projector vph12xx. Any suggestions? I have seen the rp91 at great prices but am now gun shy on Panasonic. Im looking to stay in the 300 to 350 range. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins

Screenwriter

• 2,598 posts

Posted April 27 2003 - 09:15 AM

I'm replacing a still working RP56 w/ an RP91.. my RP91 shuold be here tuesday or wednesday, so i'll let you konw what I find Posted Image

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Rich Wenzel

Rich Wenzel

Supporting Actor

• 556 posts

Posted April 28 2003 - 05:42 AM

if you are going through a doubler, you shouldnt have to get a great DVD player...

if you liked the panny's performance, you could try the denon 1600

also, the cheaper pioneer universal may be interesting since you dont have to use its video processing...

not sure on the doubler you are getting of the back of the sony, but you could try and wait a bit for the digital connection dvd players (DVI) that should be coming out soon.

Rich
B&W DM605S2 x 2 & LCR6S2, Rotel RSX 1055 & RC955, Denon DV 1600, Marantz 4000OSE, Panasonic PT56wx51 (I think, who cares, its a TV)

"Aren't you going to kiss her goodbye?"
"No."