What's new

center channel for a VR6070 (1 Viewer)

John_King

Auditioning
I bought a kenwood VR6070 to upgrade my HT which currently has a mismatched set of old cheap speakers hooked to it. A friend of mine brought over his Paradigm CC-370 for me to hear the difference of what a quality center would sound like. Well when I hooked it up I got a muffled sound where I could not really hear the voices. The speaker did sound a little fuller overall, but I could not make out voices very well. The cheap little speaker I am using now is much clearer on voices, just not as full.

Was that Paradigm just too much speaker for the VR6070?

Anyone have this receiver that can tell me what they are using for a center?

Or can anyone recommend any settings that I may be missing to make the center sound clearer?

I really appreciate any help or feedback!

John_King

Auditioning
Is anyone using this receiver that can share what center they are using? I would have thought it can handle the CC-370, but it did not sound right at all.

ScottRCapt

Stunt Coordinator
John,

I have had the Kenwood VR-6060 for about 6 months now and it is driving a matched set of Cerwin Vega Speakers. LS-10 Mains, LS-6C Front Center , LS-5 surrounds, LS-6C Rear Center and a LS-10 Sub. I bought all of these speakers to timbre match and have a very warm sound both for music and HT.

I have been dissapointed with the Kenwood VR-6060 however, which I have explained in other posts, and I am replacing it with a New Sony DA 4ES.

Your experience with the neighbors center channel speaker could have something to do with the setup of the receiver. Did you try re-setting the center channel level in setup?

;)

Myo K

Stunt Coordinator
i had the 6070 with mirage omni 60 speakers,

ive only used them in stereo though, and even in stereo i have to use about 2/5ths of the overall volume to properly power the speakers enough to get some clarity in the sound.

i would imagine running 5-6 channels continuously would provide significantly less power.

funny thing is people tell me that its rated at 92 watts continous by s&v magazine, which i kinda question since it certainly didnt sound like it to me.

Adam Ray

Auditioning
You may want to also post this in the reciever section of the forums. I know there are several 6070 owners over there, Myself included. I am unable to help because I have yet to upgrade speakers and am still running a cheap sony 5.1 setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks